The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: GDI converted to 4G93T

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

GDI converted to 4G93T

Yea, so I have a gutless 1.8ltr GDI that has done nearly 250,000ks and is getting riped out of my 4WD, 4 speed Tiptronic Generation 8 Mitsubishi Galant. The model number is E-EC1A SRGC8

http://www.cars-directory.net/specs/...1997_11/16119/

I found another 4G93 that has done about 120,000ks and has a turbo bolted onto the side. It has a blowen bottom end con'rod bearing so i'm gonna fix that and throw that into my Galant.
    The engines a 4G93T out of a Mirage. I hope it fits.

Will I be able to use an EVO4 ECU instead of the3 GDI one for the 4G93T?

*ignore the 3!

um firstly welcome, 2ndly WHAT a DUMB Choice frankly sorry...

should do research before doing such a thing heres why...

4G93 DOHC 16 Valve GDI Turbo
    Gasoline Direct Injection (GDI) with turbocharger
    Total Displacement - 1834cc
    Bore - 81.0mm
    Stroke - 89.0mm
    Compression Ratio - 10.0:1
    Maximum Output - 118 kW (160 PS; 158 bhp) @ 5,200 rpm / 121 kW (165 PS; 162 bhp) @ 5,500 rpm
    Maximum Torque - 220 N·m (160 ft·lbf) @ 3,500 rpm / 220 N·m (160 ft·lbf) @ 3,500 rpm

i think my lawn mower has more power than this motor.. its on par with the 2.4 GDI
    www.qcustoms.co.nz

Icon3

Quote Originally Posted by qcustoms View Post
    um firstly welcome, 2ndly WHAT a DUMB Choice frankly sorry...
    should do research before doing such a thing heres why...

4G93 DOHC 16 Valve GDI Turbo
    Maximum Output - 118 kW (160 PS; 158 bhp) @ 5,200 rpm / 121 kW (165 PS; 162 bhp) @ 5,500 rpm
    Maximum Torque - 220 N·m (160 ft·lbf) @ 3,500 rpm / 220 N·m (160 ft·lbf) @ 3,500 rpm
    i think my lawn mower has more power than this motor.. its on par with the 2.4 GDI
    Haha ha, LOVE IT!!!
    Yea, I agree. The GDI engines are not great. I, umm, didn't buy a GDI engine for my Galant. I got a 4G93T out of a Mirage/Libero... not a lot better, I know but I can get around having to certify it, therefore saving hundereds.
    I like the idea of a 2.4 block with 2.0 crank and rods. That would have been cool, if my car had been a 2.4ltr block in the first place, but if I go above 1.8, I won't get around having to re-certfy my whole car for road use. Thats why i'm sticking with the little 1.8 mate.
    ...But yea, it's NOT a GDI!!! haha.
    p.s, I still think the GDI turbo is better than the GDI non-turbo

um ithrow away so many 2.4 gdi blocks did 3 bout 3 weeks ago i nmy springclean lol..
    um re certification it HAS to be Certed or Recerted if your install is more than 30% of the Stock Motor the vehicle left the factory with so either way itll need to be certed .. and if 4wd then iclude 3 driveshaft hoops,stupid i know
    www.qcustoms.co.nz

How do they rate percentage of a motor?.. HP?
    GDI = 148 bhp
    Turbo = 192 bhp

So if... 30% of 148 = 44.4
    & 148 + 44.4 = 192.4
    ...Then i'm 0.4 HP in the clear... or not?

& the Galant is an EC1A, the 'C' stands for 4WD. It's 4WD when it leaves the factory. Check the link at the top.

Yea I'm not sure but a repower consists of what I mentioned. Dshaft hoops lol. I did it to my blue Wagn it was a 2.4 4wd and now is twin turb vr4 and yea $500 later plus his list of things he want on it lol
    www.qcustoms.co.nz

What a wanker aye... you think he'd just get over it. I hope I do. They don't make us cert the Skyline that has a turbo bolted onto the side now but it came non turb' from the factory. I did look up cert's before...

http://www.lvvta.org.nz/documents.html#standards

http://www.lvvta.org.nz/documents/st...onversions.pdf

http://www.lvvta.org.nz/documents.html#thresholds

...looks like I'm screwded!!! Got any 2.4ltr 4cyl blocks left liying around? I might just have to go for a 2.4ltr block with a 2ltr bottom end and turbo straped to the side... also, know anyone that wants a 4G93T, freshly rebuilt! Haha ha haha... gutted :(

Lol na not my cup of tea. Ima V boy lol twin turb V .um take skyline to vtnz and they'll pickup on the turbo lol
    www.qcustoms.co.nz