The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Wifes New Twin Turbo under construction

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Showing results 61 to 80 of 119
    them recaros are so so rare.this is the only set iv ever sen in person,seude is the best....
    www.qcustoms.co.nz

Quote Originally Posted by qcustoms View Post
    them recaros are so so rare.this is the only set iv ever sen in person,seude is the best....
    WOW! What a lucky wife!

I envy her! =)

So today i did alot of the fidly bits and pieces(time consuming)

i removed the tow bar,the Fujitsubo Legalis R evolution 3" System and replaced it with a RS*R 2.5" System running into a Ralliart Rear Muffler.
    as i do not want any rumble or drone from this car. so now i should get good flow,quieter sounds,and a descent sound from the RalliArt muffler.

i also fitted the Gas Struts for the bonnet
    Finished the headlight fitment (a bit of plastic welding) and welding of some steel bits as i wanted a near factory fitment style.
    I worked out how much and how im building the Centre Grille up and this is now at the welder to be built up to meet the headlights .

the grille fits FACTORY wich im excited about BUT i had to shave off 4 mounting lugs leaving only 3 to bolt on wich seems to have held pretty well.

Removed the Radiator and built up the Alloy Radiator ready for fitment.
    Removed the factory Plumbing and bent up the wire templates for the new FMIC and intake 2.5" Steel System(no flex from factory piping now YAY)
    Fitted the Aftermarket Trans Cooler
    Fitted the Horns
    Fitted the Greddy Controller up by the mirror and tucked al lthe wiring away nicely.
    Notched out the Impact beam to hug the FMIC so im capping it and wil weld it up this week.
    we will be plastic welding the bumper up round the base of the headlights to close the gap adn make it look factory.allotta hard work comming up with that..

i also Cut the guards out to allow the wide wheels to not rub on the flares

but heres some piccys to keep you al excited as much as i am

fun times this week comming up as she nears completion so dont worry ill keep you informed
    www.qcustoms.co.nz

WOW! She's looking real good!

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

and the sub now fitted, and started the modifieng of the front grille to suit the headlights
    and finished off the gearshifter unit

www.qcustoms.co.nz

What kind of material did you use for the grille extensions?

You sir. Have some of the coolest cars on TGC.

nice!

many many thank yous for the very nice comments my friends..

the grille and bumper are being proffesionally plastic welded wit hthe correct(ABS) plastics to extend wit hand im using bog to shape it to what i want and to hide the plastic welding..

once iv done that i wil lmost likely be sendign grille for molding for accident purpose replacements tho..
    www.qcustoms.co.nz

That USDM-spec new style grill may be a hot seller here.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk fam!

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

Quote Originally Posted by wetamup2k3g View Post
    That USDM-spec new style grill may be a hot seller here.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk fam!
    now thats what i like a man that thinks outside the box..

indeed buddy you are correct.. muzic to my ears
    im sure there will be a few lovers and a fe haters tho
    www.qcustoms.co.nz

<-----No hates. You better hope I don't go to New Z. Or I will rape the tailpipes of your cars.

lol youll needa cough hard to imagin even trying to touch the side walls of them lol..
    www.qcustoms.co.nz

and i did some more work on the wifes wagon.

bent up some 2.5" pipes today to start making the hard piping kit and remove ALL the factory flexible hoses and plastic hoses..

also fitted the amp and wired it in for the rear sub woofer,and installed the controller aswell
    Bumper also came back today from plastic welders and the gaps between the USDM Headlights and JDM Bumper are now NO MORE
    so the bumper and grille are now at painters and should see it by the weekend or early next week..

www.qcustoms.co.nz

please tell me, that the rear turbo isnt joining the front at 90degrees?

you want them to merge at a Y, not a T. you will loose power due to turbulance and pressure.

edit: are those press bends? q, i love your fibreglass work and but leave the pipework to someone else

yea i was lookig at that just before i locked up lastnight,i might change the setup .

no theyr actually mandrel bends done at a actual muffler shop. ugly ey
    www.qcustoms.co.nz

well after 6 hours and alotta swearing and $300 wasted in piping and bending ,i gave up... i will rather pay someone who knows how to do it correctly,i made an absolute mess of it.. Paul i took your advice lol...
    www.qcustoms.co.nz

hahah! good idea mate

Actually it looked like pretty good progress, what kind of welder are you on?

im a certified welder dude so welding is my daily.. but my new welder has not arived and im using gasless to tack it up,BUT pipework shrinks and changes shape after every tack s oit always moves,cheaper to get someone else to do it
    www.qcustoms.co.nz

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast