The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Best Springs for a 8G

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 63

Best Springs for a 8G

i just got an gtz but previous owner lowered the car by cutting the springs wich results in not absorbing bumbs or whatsoever the point is it doesnt bounce, it hits. i need lowering springs but wich? i read some feel nice but they sag on highway. what are the best choices?

Eibachs are a good choice.

as long as you get a reputable brand spring, you should be in good shape. I would recommend brands such as Tein, Eibach, Progress.
    '99 5-Speed GTZ: Forged 3.6L 6G74T 6764 E85
    2017: 552whp/562wtq SBE on 19psi
    '02 Eclipse GT: 6G72 M/T-swapped Daily Driver
    '10 Endeavor: 6G75 AWD Family-mobile

TEIN S-TECH, hands down.

Experienced TGC Member OMEGA PHX's Avatar

Tein or Progress and if you are in stock shocks/struts you should replace them if you have the money since they are probably blown for the abuse of the cut springs, with KYB AGX(for 00-05 eclipse) or GR2
    Last edited by OMEGA PHX; 06-16-2011 at 12:33 PM

4g64T 5spd

Yea i wolud say Tein springs with the KYB GR2 shocks.

I just installed megan racing with gr2 nice stiff ride..

Experienced TGC Member Rach3T8G's Avatar
    I say Tein S-Techs & either GR-2's or AGX's
    - Chris -
    2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 5MT: My DD
    2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 5MT

Use KYB AGX struts, they're DESIGNED for lowering springs, while GR-2's are meant for OEM height.

-Chris-

2003 Mitsubishi Galant ES 2.4L SOHC: "Octavia"
    2005 Honda Accord EX-L Coupe 2.4L DOHC

Quote Originally Posted by XxGiRLaNT06xX View Post
    From the looks of the girl, her face isnt that great.. nothing a paper bag couldnt fix... amirite?

Quote Originally Posted by Skyforger View Post
    Use KYB AGX struts, they're DESIGNED for lowering springs, while GR-2's are meant for OEM height.
    No they're not. They are dampening adjustable, not shorter body.

As for the question that's VERY subjective, and many people will give different answers.

As far as my opinion on the matter:
    Lowering springs won't do anything substantial to the car, it won't handle better, ride much better or worse. They lower the car and that's it.

Pick whichever one you like the drop on, and call it a day

"best" depends on what you ultimately want. the actual final drop is what determines what you will need to buy... the lower the more expensive.

if you are just going for mild, 0.5"-1.5" drop, then stock struts might survive, unless they are already blown: if they are bad, then replace with GR2 or AGX. examples: EIBACH, H&R

for a 1.5"-2.25" drop, you would need to go to AGX, although AGX's are not meant for deeply lowered cars as their warranty is voided if installed on cars lowered more than 1.5"; although adjustable for dampenning, they are still full length dampers and lowering them too much shortens their travel range and will cause them to fail sooner. also you will probably need a rear camber kit to adjust back to spec. examples: TEIN, PROGRESS

if lowering more than 2.25" is the goal, go straight to full coilovers or air bags. do not use adjustable springs or "coilover sleeves" as they will kill any dampers you put them on. you will definately need camber kits, rear and front (unless the coilover set you buy has front camber plates).

check the lowering specs of springs and go from there. also keep in mind, you get what you pay for... cheap parts usually are just that.
    Last edited by Reelax; 06-16-2011 at 04:24 PM

do not use megan racing springs!! they suck!!!
    STAY READY AND YOU WONT HAVE TO GET READY!!

S-tech GR-2 Combo

S-Tech GR-2 Combo for the white "G" and Tein coilovers on the silver one now.

GR-2's work great with lowering springs, they are manufactured better than stock and autopart replacements. I moved my S-tech Gr-2 Combo from the silver "G" to the White and they still work great after 60K combined miles driven, and mind you here in coachella we have some shit roads, those on the white car Ive replace 3 wheels since Ive first bought them for my 3G. God damn! I miss her.....

I am between eibachs pro kit 160$ tein s techs 230$$ or progress 220$$ i am im stock gtz wheels i dont want the car to sag i dont want the car to bounce on highways and i dont like wheel gaps. I am leaning towards progress due to the biggest drop but i dont want my front and rear to be the same drop am looking for less drop on rear. Wwhat do you guys think is my best choice?

I had Eibach Pro with AGX for some years now, and they have perform excelent. never had an issue with this combo.
    De que estamos hablando?

How big is the gap? Am going to run gr2

Quote Originally Posted by oakrdrs187 View Post
    S-tech GR-2 Combo

Nice, I had those wheels before.

Quote Originally Posted by galant1983 View Post
    do not use megan racing springs!! they suck!!!
    Agreed. I have them on my car and I'm bouncing everywhere.

I expected the Rocky Mountains to be a little rockier than this.

i dont have any issues with megan springs.. cept the paint on them sucks ass, but i can live with that.

when i had stechs i still had like a 4 finger gap up front, megans i have like 2.5 fingers up front. skinny fingers. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Reelax View Post
    "best" depends on what you ultimately want. the actual final drop is what determines what you will need to buy... the lower the more expensive.

if you are just going for mild, 0.5"-1.5" drop, then stock struts might survive, unless they are already blown: if they are bad, then replace with GR2 or AGX. examples: EIBACH, H&R

for a 1.5"-2.25" drop, you would need to go to AGX, although AGX's are not meant for deeply lowered cars as their warranty is voided if installed on cars lowered more than 1.5"; although adjustable for dampenning, they are still full length dampers and lowering them too much shortens their travel range and will cause them to fail sooner. also you will probably need a rear camber kit to adjust back to spec. examples: TEIN, PROGRESS

if lowering more than 2.25" is the goal, go straight to full coilovers or air bags. do not use adjustable springs or "coilover sleeves" as they will kill any dampers you put them on. you will definately need camber kits, rear and front (unless the coilover set you buy has front camber plates).

check the lowering specs of springs and go from there. also keep in mind, you get what you pay for... cheap parts usually are just that.
    Reelax,

That great info. In the same boat myself for my "G". I like the Tein S-Techs springs and that drop is reasonable for me (1.7/Front and 1.3/Rear) once I actually get them in the future. I don't like the current stock wheel gap and just want it lowered a little. Ive seen most of the rides on here talk about Teins. I'm looking at either the GR-2/Teins combo on my ride or the AGX/Teins on my ride. I do see that more people say go with the AGX/Teins. Either way, your info helps out alot...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast