The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Best Springs for a 8G

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 63
    have you guys looked into swift springs? the drop isn't big but they don't sag over time like tein and other springs.
    02 Galant ES I4 ~ DD. JDM Kit/BBS LM Gold/D2/EvoRecaro/EGR/JL Audio/Eclipse Audio/Greddy/Injen/Project Kics/Brembos
    2010 Lexus IS350c Tungsten Pearl Mica/Volk GTM/H&R Springs/F sport intake/Project Kics/Lems Shift knob
    2010 Lexus IS-F Ultrasonic Blue/Volk TE37/HKS Hipermax IV GT/Ventross Kit/Lexon/JoezPerformance/Tom's/Project Kics/RR-racing tune
    2009 Acura TL w/Tech package A-spec Kit/ BBS LM/Tein

I have a GTZ and wondered if could I put lowering springs in the front and keep the rear stock

^^ There is so many discussions on why not to do that. Mainly for safety reasons.

Just got kyb gr2 and tein s and theres no gap on the rear, i think ist too low on the back for my liking

I dont think am as low as the others on teins. Maybe cuz i used eclipse 3g springs???

^^ mine looks similar, on mine the gap is sightly bigger in front still, but way better than stock 4x4.

Experienced TGC Member OMEGA PHX's Avatar

Looks good now let see the front, and eclipse springs should be the same as galants, since you have a V6 you should be lower than a I4 on the same springs.

4g64T 5spd

front
    rear

Look Fine IMO.

It doesnt look bad bad it scraps more than before. Am so low shocks dont have to absorb lol. It jumps a lot. Guess ill go back to stock. Would getting bigger rims close the gap 2 much?? Would bigger rims make yhr car a bit taller so i dont scrap?

Quote Originally Posted by Joker96 View Post
    front
    rear
    These pics are the same pic twice

It doesnt look bad bad it scraps more than before. Am so low shocks dont have to absorb lol. It jumps a lot. Guess ill go back to stock. Would getting bigger rims close the gap 2 much?? Would bigger rims make yhr car a bit taller so i dont scrap?
    Wait, you are lower than before on GR2/Tein's?? Your ride is jumpy now with the new set up?

Teins are suppose to give you a comfy ride but a littler sportier, so if its worse than before then there's something wrong, installation or shocks are bad.

4g64T 5spd

Super bumpy ride, before i had blown stock shocka on stock trimmed spring and would rattle and jump now with new gr2 and teins am lower and way more jumpiness. On front rear was stock springs and now is soo low when someone get in car wheel gap on the rear is non wheel goes inside the wheel house thing.

this is front sorry

Super bumpy ride, before i had blown stock shocka on stock trimmed spring and would rattle and jump now with new gr2 and teins am lower and way more jumpiness. On front rear was stock springs and now is soo low when someone get in car wheel gap on the rear is non wheel goes inside the wheel house thing.
    Don't know what to tell you, I don't have them but everyone always describe the teins as comfy and not jumpy at all. Maybe they need some time to loosen up

Lets wait for other members with v6 and teins to chime in

4g64T 5spd

Am not liking it at all. Jumps like crazy. My shocks are excel g. Te kyb website says they are the same except for color. So i dont think they are the problem

^^^maybe you just should have got springs designed for the g, just because they fit don't mean it's gonna work. 3G and 8G obviously don't weigh the same or handle the same. I'm on Tein S-tech's designed for my 4cy 8G with Gr-2's in back and Excel-G's in front. No bounce. It's just what you would expect from a lowered car.

KYb website says they are the same product just painted black in order to accommodate a closer OEM look.

According to Tein website, spring rates and drop are the same except that the eclipse drop is less on the front. So I would lift the car take the wheel off and check everything, maybe shocks are defective or maybe you are riding on the bumpstop and need to cut them a little, unless you aren't used to them, it should be a little stiffer than oem but I don't think it would be worse than cut springs.

Eclipse:

Galant:

4g64T 5spd

Did you buy legit Teins? There's a sticky around here about that hit the market some time ago, not sure if they're still out there.

Thy looked legit. I dont know what to fo. How fo i know if i have defective shocks? What are the chances that all 4 of them are blown lol

Here is the counterfeit vs real page

http://www.tein.com/counterfeit/

I doubt all 4 are blown from the get go though.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast