The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: M/T swap

Showing results 1 to 19 of 19
    leadfoot

M/T swap

ive got a 2002 es l4 auto i want to swap it with a M/T before i do anything, has anyone done this before if so and suggestion's. i was to get the short shift kit , tranny cooler, and and a racing clutch does anyone know where i can these.

only tranny that would fit is from a 2000- eclipse......

leadfoot
    thanks what about the mods

Quote Originally Posted by NycTrini
    ok than what about them older version of 99 DE,, they had M/T.. :?

AkA K h O p A r I.

I Am back BitcheZzZ

I'll just say....I honestly think there is noone on here with an 8G that did a manual swap....every one talks about it. I heard that it would be hard to do.

Mom to Krystal, Joey and Peyton

Talk to they guys at Norcal-performance.com, they did a manual swap on a stratus, which is the same platform as the Galant.

-Mohammad

umm back to what i say y cant u just get 99 DE M/T and swap it like that.............

AkA K h O p A r I.

I Am back BitcheZzZ

u try finding one

TGC Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by K h O p A r I
    umm back to what i say y cant u just get 99 DE M/T and swap it like that.............
    ive never seen one its been heard of but never seen by most of us.
    - Atba

Senior TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by K h O p A r I
    Because the only ones that exist were engineering prototypes. Like NycTrini said...you try finding one
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

STEPHEN
    2000 GMC K2500 4x4
    2004 Chevrolet Tahoe 4x4

The Stratus Coupe Tranny should fit also.
    C.J. Cameron
    RETIRED TUNER!!!!

"Keeping it Simple"

Quote Originally Posted by Wintergalant
    Read this just found ithttp://www.autoworld.com/news/Mitsubishi/Galant.htm
    Like was stated above, this never came out. Only a handful were ever made as engineering mules, although some members have said they saw them. IF they were really released, there are very very few.

-Mohammad

Senior TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wintergalant
    Read this just found ithttp://www.autoworld.com/news/Mitsubishi/Galant.htm
    Oh wow...it finally answered that question burning me up inside. I finally know why Mitsubishi rotated the engine!
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

D03GTZ
    The eclipse and stratus r/t have the same exact engine and trans set up, so either would work because its the same trans

Experienced TGC Member HeadAche's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus
    The Stratus Coupe Tranny should fit also.
    The R/T tranny does fit perfectly, its just finding one is a good shape.. If anyone finds a DE M/T your one of the real lucky ones..
    I Shook You At The Track, My Boyz Threw Asprin On The Floor, They Said Now You Gotta Headache...

The illiterate of the twenty-first century will not be those who can not read or write, but those who can not learn, un-learn and re-learn.

this has beeen discusced so many times ...there is no M/T 5 speed galant.
    They were supposed to make them , and they did 1 piece....They pr-made brochures, even in service manual iu he 5 spd is listed but i guarantee that there is not a single 8g 5spd galant that exsist... due to vibration and noise..
    I disosed that with a guy who worked for Mitsubishi factory in Illinoius for 10 years..
    Check out my ride at:
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/djgalant

The only 8g west cost 4g64 Turboed Galant.

SuperchargedGTZ
    well as soon as I drop my tranny in the middle of the road from boostin, this will be my next project hopefully once i recover from all the debt i got from the sds and engine build

Quote Originally Posted by GTZ27
    hopefully once i recover from all the debt i got from the sds and engine build
    yea,, its gone take you whileeeeeeeeeeeeee,,, so i would recommend you putting that on HOLD

AkA K h O p A r I.

I Am back BitcheZzZ