The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: short air intake

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 26

short air intake

so ive been looking around lately and ive been wondering where people get short air intakes for 7g galants? cuz i cant find one anywhere..
    1994 galnt es SOHC

Experienced TGC Member n3oAcid24's Avatar
    check this link out. i know you can use eclipse parts on our Galants so try looking for those parts too.

https://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?t=17848
    n3oAcid24 = 01' Galant I4

yeah you have to make one,what you can do to is get the 2g maf adapter and k&n filter and mount it to your maf and use your existing intake tube.i have this set up on my car now.

[IMG][/IMG]

here is my set up.

Short rams suck. I have/had one and other than making a cool noise they are pointless. Since you are going to have to make the intake "SEARCH" and find the tutorial on a CAI and do that. It would be and actual performance enhancer. At one point, Peano and I had basically identical setups on our cars except he had a CAI and I had a short ram. WE raced and he slowly pulled away from me so I have seen 1st hand that it does make a difference...my 2 cents

"Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!"

Quote Originally Posted by evil-G-nius View Post
    Short rams suck. I have/had one and other than making a cool noise they are pointless. Since you are going to have to make the intake "SEARCH" and find the tutorial on a CAI and do that. It would be and actual performance enhancer. At one point, Peano and I had basically identical setups on our cars except he had a CAI and I had a short ram. WE raced and he slowly pulled away from me so I have seen 1st hand that it does make a difference...my 2 cents
    yeah you still see a gain with the short ram though.

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    Just buy a B series Honda short ram intake and will have to cut a short section to fit the Galant motor bay. Buy 2 extra couplers to fit the intake to the TB and to the MAF sensor and call it a day. You can make a CAI out or 2 B series Honda short ram intakes if you want to also. I was the first to do this YEARS ago.

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

Quote Originally Posted by galantlvr34 View Post
    yeah you still see a gain with the short ram though.
    not enough to be bothered with...trust me. You only see real gains on boosted or newer cars. A short ram will maybe net you 2 hp

i was thinking about making my own so all i would havta but is the filter and the adapter for it?? what would i need for a CAI?
    1994 galnt es SOHC

and galantlvr34 did u still get the sound that you would get from a regular intake from the home made one? cuz for right now thats what i want being that my car has 200k on it im not to concerned with getting horse power outta the engine until i rebuild it..
    1994 galnt es SOHC

Quote Originally Posted by madbmxer963 View Post
    and galantlvr34 did u still get the sound that you would get from a regular intake from the home made one? cuz for right now thats what i want being that my car has 200k on it im not to concerned with getting horse power outta the engine until i rebuild it..
    i have a couple videos of it if you want to see them and i got it as a kit on ebay for $59.99 for the k&n filter and a metal maf adapter.

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    I previously posted how to make a CAI for a 7g.

Here is a pic from my old 95 Galant years ago.

Last edited by 4-G-rim; 06-19-2011 at 12:31 PM

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

sure id just send me the link or post it here cuz id like to see how it works
    1994 galnt es SOHC

ok i sent them

Damn Kev....taking me back! LOL

I remember that car

i got the vids n it sounds pretty nice man i havta admit thats a good idea
    1994 galnt es SOHC

Quote Originally Posted by madbmxer963 View Post
    i got the vids n it sounds pretty nice man i havta admit thats a good idea
    Yeah my friend chris/galanttuner10 helped me find it.I am pretty happy with it the acceleration is a lot better and you can feel some slight gains from it.

Quote Originally Posted by evil-G-nius View Post
    Damn Kev....taking me back! LOL

I remember that car

i was just saying the same thing lmao

ya i know someone who has an intake like this and i didnt realize it until i saw yours then i talked to him and he said he was pretty happy with it and what it did.
    1994 galnt es SOHC

i just wanted to know how did you mount it?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast