The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: maybe i have a problem.

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

maybe i have a problem.

hi people, well today this part fall of the car when hit a hump.

this part is on the metal part where is located the front motor mount. i dont know how is named in english.

and what can i do? I have to welding? because the screw is broked.

-Mitsubishi Galant LS 1994 a/t [ SOLD ]

I think that is one of the two front mounting bolts that fastens the crossmember that runs from front to rear and has the anti roll motor mount attached to it. You'd probably need to drop the crossmember (remove the motor mount bolt leaving the motor mount still attached to the cross member, remove the one remaining front mounting bolt and the rear mounting bolt) and then look and see what you are dealing with. It may be possible to weld it back in place if you can first remove the bolt. Never seen that happen before.
    Last edited by eksz; 07-14-2011 at 01:50 AM
    jjj
    98 ES (5 spd), 94 GS (5 spd), 94 ES (rebuilt auto), 92 Toyota 4X4, 81 KZ550 A2, 67 Mercedes 250S, 58 Mercedes 190SL

am, there is any problem if i weld the crossmember to the car?

-Mitsubishi Galant LS 1994 a/t [ SOLD ]

Yeah it is your cross member bolt,you are going to have to try to drill the rest of the bolt out or get it out some how and get new bolt from the dealer.

I am pretty sure if you weld the cross member to the car you will be unable to ever remove the transmission by lowering it which is way it is usually done. This mean you'd probably have to pull the engine to remove the trans from the top if you ever have to repair/replace it.
    jjj
    98 ES (5 spd), 94 GS (5 spd), 94 ES (rebuilt auto), 92 Toyota 4X4, 81 KZ550 A2, 67 Mercedes 250S, 58 Mercedes 190SL

To add the bolts from the front connection ur radiator support and the cross member that holds ur front motor mount... Same thing happen to me few Yrs ago.... My car was from Maryland and set in flood waters I bought it for 300 lol..... What u do is get a long bolt with a nut a few washers and u need to drill the rest of the bolt out and drill thru to the top.... I'll have a pic up 2morrow for u Oscar. Y u didn't tell me on FB