The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 17x8.25 +25

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 34

17x8.25 +25

anybody run this size on the galant? got pics?

im about to buy these... well not exactly these because they are 4 lug. im thinking about running my current tire which are 225 45 17 which will probably stretch them a little bit on the 8.25 wheel

215's on the left and 245's on the right
    Brandon - 2001 Galant GST 5speed
    Wiseco // Eagle // PTE // Holset // Turbonetics // Supertech // Blox // Prosport // Vibrant // Innovate // OpenEcu // Mishimoto // Magnaflow // Walbro // XXR // Rotora // Brembo // Hawk // R1 Concepts // Dc Sports

Experienced TGC Member 99galantES's Avatar
    Those would look good on a G

«Carlos»

8.25"?

those are xxr 526 wheels they make them in that odd size... assuming for more of the stretch look

yah Reelax i thought that was odd too first company i've seen that made a 8.25 wide wheel
    Wiseco // Eagle // PTE // Holset // Turbonetics // Supertech // Blox // Prosport // Vibrant // Innovate // OpenEcu // Mishimoto // Magnaflow // Walbro // XXR // Rotora // Brembo // Hawk // R1 Concepts // Dc Sports

Quote Originally Posted by pjz831 View Post
    those are xxr 526 wheels they make them in that odd size... assuming for more of the stretch look
    looked them up last night... they are 527 not 526; 526 are mesh w/ lip.

as far as fitament, they will stick out 20mm more than my wheels (19x8.5+48). being 17's they should have plenty of sidewall to run as narrow as 205 so 225 will not be very stretched at all. these will require rear roll at the very least... only way to see what exactly will be needed will be to throw them on.
    Last edited by Reelax; 06-19-2011 at 04:18 AM

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    Underated, I have 18x8.5 +25 on my car with 235's. In the back, If I didnt roll/fold up the lip in the rear wheel well, it would rub like nuts. I have about -2 or -3 degrees camber, I didnt want to go any more negative than that. I am running the JDM flares which helps keep them "in"
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

yeah you need to roll the fenders, and i would look into getting the jdm flares like stewi has unless you like the look of them sticking out a little.

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    i was planning on getting the same ones but in black, guess someone is beating me to them lol

Quote Originally Posted by IVORY_G View Post
    never pull out, always squeeze inside! LOL!

I"m on 17x9 +27 with a 255, those should fit no problem @ all with a roll
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by galantlvr34 View Post
    yeah you need to roll the fenders, and i would look into getting the jdm flares like stewi has unless you like the look of them sticking out a little.
    based on my calculations, they will stick out about 1" farther than my 17x8 +45, which are just barely poking in the front.

Quote Originally Posted by beam514 View Post
    based on my calculations, they will stick out about 1" farther than my 17x8 +45, which are just barely poking in the front.
    yeah the back will stick out a little further though right

actually I think they will poke a little less. On my wheels, the rears aren't poking I don't think and are more "tucked"

Experienced TGC Member OMEGA PHX's Avatar

As beam said the fronts are the ones that poke out a little more than the rears

4g64T 5spd

They look like 4 lug universal rims to me,does he have a 7g or 8g?Arent 8g's 5 lug

They look like 4 lug universal rims to me,does he have a 7g or 8g?Arent 8g's 5 lug
    he said those are just sample photos because those are 4 lugs.
    *he has an 8G btw*

Quote Originally Posted by beam514 View Post
    he said those are just sample photos because those are 4 lugs.
    *he has an 8G btw*
    oh ok i guess i just got distracted by the rims lol.Those are going to look nice.

Run them with 205/50R17s and call it a day.

oh wow great feedback... im running 17x7 +38 225/45r17 now with 10mm spacers to fit the rotora calipers up front and the fronts stick out a hair even with -2* camber... the rears are perfectly flush with the 10mm spacers. im thinking about pulling the fenders out a little bit instead of getting the flares because the backs are already rolled as far as they can go. i dont have a body kit or anything and the car sits really low on the d2's. i guess like Reelax said i'll just have to trow them on and see.

its either going to be those or the xxr 521's the only problem is the shop that has them is in LA and im in vegas 4hrs away. i guess i'll be doing this all right before MOD.

Quote Originally Posted by underated View Post
    oh wow great feedback... im running 17x7 +38 225/45r17 now with 10mm spacers to fit the rotora calipers up front and the fronts stick out a hair even with -2* camber... the rears are perfectly flush with the 10mm spacers. im thinking about pulling the fenders out a little bit instead of getting the flares because the backs are already rolled as far as they can go. i dont have a body kit or anything and the car sits really low on the d2's. i guess like Reelax said i'll just have to trow them on and see.

its either going to be those or the xxr 521's the only problem is the shop that has them is in LA and im in vegas 4hrs away. i guess i'll be doing this all right before MOD.
    i like the other ones better then the xxr 521's but it is up to you

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast