The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 17x8.25 +25

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 34 of 34
    You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    do it the day before, then camp out with us for MOD lol

btw, here is the difference between your current 17x7 +38 w/ 10mm spacers, and the new 17x8.25 +25 with no spacers

Key:
    Black = 17x7 +38, 10mm spacer
    Blue = 17x8.25 +25, no spacer

oh shit that pretty sweet so if there were +30 it would bring them in a little more right?
    Brandon - 2001 Galant GST 5speed
    Wiseco // Eagle // PTE // Holset // Turbonetics // Supertech // Blox // Prosport // Vibrant // Innovate // OpenEcu // Mishimoto // Magnaflow // Walbro // XXR // Rotora // Brembo // Hawk // R1 Concepts // Dc Sports

yeah, +30 would bring it in just a tad bit more. It doesn't look like it will hit the strut either because it's still farther "out" than my 17x8 +45

With coilovers you can run a maximum backspacing of 6.5" (comfortably 6.25"). This is also including that I have 2.5 degrees negative camber in the rear, negative 1.5 degrees camber in front. So, using the information I've managed from fitting as wide as a 19x10 +25mm we have this. Mind you, if you are camber corrected you could run slightly higher offsets (like Reelax's 19x8.5 +48).

7" wheel can have a maximum offset of +63
    7.5" wheel can have a maximum offset of +57
    8" wheel can have a maximum offset of +50
    8.25" wheel can have a maximum offset of +47
    8.5" wheel can have a maximum offset of +44
    9" wheel can have a maximum offset of +38
    9.5" wheel can have a maximum offset of +31
    10" wheel can have a maximum offset of +25

Mind you this is rounding down from the fractional millimeters. Wheel companies don't really use fractional millimeters when setting offsets.

Here is 20x9.5 +37mm:

Here is a 19x10 +25 wrapped in a 235/35R19:

So, with similar camber, you could comfortably run this:

19x9 +35mm
    19x9.5 +30mm

So, if anything, you will be nicely flush, no poke, and with 205/50R17s, it won't look odd at all, and really, would look nicely aggressive.
    Last edited by RedGalant2k1; 06-18-2011 at 10:57 PM

^^ great post
    I think it should be posted in the wheel/tire sizing thread!

yah great post
    ok i have some corrections the wheels i have now are 17x7 +40

on full lock while making a left my tires rub on the inner wheel well, putting in the sizes in the Wheel Offset Calculator it says i'll have 5mm more clearance from the strut housing but the outer edge of the wheel will be 25mm. so im looking forward to seeing what these look like with my aggressive drop.

so you suggest 205/50R17s
    Wiseco // Eagle // PTE // Holset // Turbonetics // Supertech // Blox // Prosport // Vibrant // Innovate // OpenEcu // Mishimoto // Magnaflow // Walbro // XXR // Rotora // Brembo // Hawk // R1 Concepts // Dc Sports

XXR = Blue8g sad

lol whats your story with them?

I don't have a story with them personally, but I've seen a lot of horror stories with bent/cracked wheels.

Quote Originally Posted by underated View Post
    yah great post
    ok i have some corrections the wheels i have now are 17x7 +40

on full lock while making a left my tires rub on the inner wheel well, putting in the sizes in the Wheel Offset Calculator it says i'll have 5mm more clearance from the strut housing but the outer edge of the wheel will be 25mm. so im looking forward to seeing what these look like with my aggressive drop.

so you suggest 205/50R17s
    Wheel width, offset, and tire width all will factor in to full lock rubbage or not. Using 205s should mainly allow for additional rear fender clearance in an already tight situation. But if the fenders are rolled, or cut out, you really shouldn't have much issue, even if you wanted to run 225s. Put it this way, you 'should' be able to run a 235 width tire, on a 9.5" wheel, with a +30-35mm offset, with fully rolled fenders, without rubbing, inside, or outside.

The front, you should be able to run a 9" wide wheel with +30-35mm with 225s without rubbing, on full lock. Though, either of these circumstances will depend on each vehicle, amount of camber, caster, tire size, amount of lowering. For reference again, these are as best as I can say my specs are:

2.5" lowered all corners
    1.5 degrees camber front
    2.5 degrees camber rear
    25" ride height (on 19s)
    24.5" ride height (stock 16s, which are .5" shorter than my 19s)

Not sure if you are riding lower than that, or what your camber specs currently are. But if they are close to mine, and account for mild vehicle to vehicle differences, the expected setup should run with very minor, to zero clearance issues. As always, test fitting is recommended, and tweaking is a must.

ok now i have the option of +35 or +25 and i'll be running the 225/45/17 to start with. i really want that concave look but not at the sacrifice of suspension problems and rubbing.

anybody happen to know the distance from the hub to the fender on our cars?

Quote Originally Posted by underated View Post
    anybody happen to know the distance from the hub to the fender on our cars?
    I believe it is 8", but it has been a while since I measured it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12