The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: v6 turbo

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

v6 turbo

has anyone heard or bought anything from this site???

http://www.ddynopower.com/3rdgen.html

am. u can put just 1 turbo on a v6?

-Mitsubishi Galant LS 1994 a/t [ SOLD ]

this is news to me, the compressor discharge piping to the intercooler isn't quite the design I would go with, with pictures like those, I don't think anyone will need to by the kit, just replicate it

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    i actually saw a guy on c3g selling his modified tearstone setup with all tuning for a reasonable price may be worth checking out. it was a real nice setup...

ddp kits are one of the options for our platform and i guess from the link they are still around... as you can see though there is quite a bit to be changed/ upgraded with their kit and at that point you may be better off just building your own in pieces to save a lot of money. the real problem with our platform is the lack of manifold options (you use stock cast) and the need to have custom hot side piping fabbed up since it is not readilly available.

Experienced TGC Member
    Still a piss poor turbo design, there are a couple others that make kits like these as well. With the design of these turbo systems you aren't getting anything close to a 50/50 balance of exhaust gasses from the front and rear banks of the engine. I am sure many will argue with the effectiveness of the design, but quite honestly much better can be done rather easily. For the price of these kits people are making for the V6 there is a large, and I mean very large profit margin being made even with a turbo included. From our perspective, much better can and should be made, especially for the retail price they are selling for.

Keep in mind that routing the charge pipes to close to the exhaust manifold piping or turbine housing, it will have a negative affect on your charge air temps, even with going through an intercooler.

If you know how to tig weld, or have somebody reasonably priced that can do it for you, a turbo piping setup can easily be made for well under $1000 (check tubing prices and you will be able to sort out the math). The expensive portion of a turbo setup is going to be your turbocharger.

This is something that we have plans to offer at some point. We are still working out the details of the kit at this point. What we have on the table at this point is just a turbo manifold setup with a T3 flange in place for the turbo to be bolted up to. The downpipe is something we are trying to sort out yet per the design and the possible turbo applications people would use.

3G Eclipse Performance & Development - Denver, Colorado
    www.blackheartmotors.net

Quote Originally Posted by SPD_FRK View Post
    Still a piss poor turbo design, there are a couple others that make kits like these as well. With the design of these turbo systems you aren't getting anything close to a 50/50 balance of exhaust gasses from the front and rear banks of the engine. I am sure many will argue with the effectiveness of the design, but quite honestly much better can be done rather easily. For the price of these kits people are making for the V6 there is a large, and I mean very large profit margin being made even with a turbo included. From our perspective, much better can and should be made, especially for the retail price they are selling for.

Keep in mind that routing the charge pipes to close to the exhaust manifold piping or turbine housing, it will have a negative affect on your charge air temps, even with going through an intercooler.

If you know how to tig weld, or have somebody reasonably priced that can do it for you, a turbo piping setup can easily be made for well under $1000 (check tubing prices and you will be able to sort out the math). The expensive portion of a turbo setup is going to be your turbocharger.

This is something that we have plans to offer at some point. We are still working out the details of the kit at this point. What we have on the table at this point is just a turbo manifold setup with a T3 flange in place for the turbo to be bolted up to. The downpipe is something we are trying to sort out yet per the design and the possible turbo applications people would use.
    I'm with you completely with the design of the kit, even with ceramic coating on both the exhaust piping, this is a pretty poorly designed kit. BUT the for the design of the intercooler, it is nice to see somebody taking advantage of of having the inlet and the discharge on the same side, which is pretty much the only plus with this kit, there is no excessively long or windy intercooler piping which I do frequently see with many other turbo kits. This would be a case of something that only some parts would be useful, but a large portion would be re engineered, in all, building this kit yourself while patterning it very loosely (to avoid the problems) by this kit . As for heat from the exhaust effecting the intake, maybe ceramic coating or heat wrap would somewhat solve this