The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Cruise control delete- stiff cable

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

Cruise control delete- stiff cable

I just deleted the cruise control and put on a brand new non cruise cable. The problem is it seems too stiff now and i am afraid i will break the plastic pedal assembly in a short period of time. I have the 60mm tb and was hoping to get a little bigger in the near future. Maybe one of the larger ones has a lighter spring? Any ideas or suggestions?

Anybody? I wonder if non cruise throttle bodies have a lighter spring.

no they dont

Did you lube the cable? Slowly drop oil in the shell until it come out from the other end and also move the cable back and forthso everything gets lubed inside
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

Yep, lubed it completely before installing it plus its brand new. Disconnected from throttle body it moves freely though. I believe the pulleys of the cruise assembly give it a different ratio and makes it a lighter pedal.

well I have the non cruise ctrl cable and it feels the same. Remove the cable and see if the TB pulley moves w/o restriction
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

I just noticed the 94 and 95 here both have plastic pedals but the 96 is metal. I am sure that will be more rugged but likely will not effect its stiffness.

Throttle body feels like the same resistance as the others I have. I will replace the plastic pedal for the metal one tomorrow and see if it makes a difference
    Last edited by w/oarctic7g; 06-21-2011 at 02:28 AM

It works great now! I went ahead and changed the plastic gas pedal out for the metal one because it felt like it was flexing too much. I then tried a different lube for the cable "Tri-lube" and probably got most of fluid on me not in the cable, lol. Feels better than before the delete.