The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Need some help with headlights

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 25

Need some help with headlights

I search but couldn't find what i was looking for, I found some links in some threads but they didn't work. I'm installing my JDM headlights but the little square thing is in the way of the headlights:

and was wondering what i have to do to it to make the headlight go in
    Last edited by Guzm4n; 06-20-2011 at 04:14 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Guzm4n View Post
    I search but couldn't find what i was looking for, I found some links in some threads but they didn't work. I'm installing my JDM headlights but the little square thing is in the way of the headlights:

and was wondering what i have to do to it to make the headlight go in
    hold on a sec ill try to find some pics

Last edited by Galantman03; 06-20-2011 at 04:16 PM

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant

so you cut the headlights?

yes I did in multiple spots, but you don't really have to cut as much as I did if you do what this says, yoour going to have to cut the bottom bolt/mount bracket to get it to line up with the bumper any ways, but read this https://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?t=14544

ok thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Galantman03 View Post
    yes I did in multiple spots, but you don't really have to cut as much as I did if you do what this says, yoour going to have to cut the bottom bolt/mount bracket to get it to line up with the bumper any ways, but read this https://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?t=14544
    one more question if i do cut the headlights how would i cover up the hole?

I would use some good sticky duct tape to seal out the water, I'm not talking regular tape, I'm talking the super sticky, get on your hands, it rips skin of duct tape lol

Quote Originally Posted by Galantman03 View Post
    I would use some good sticky duct tape to seal out the water, I'm not talking regular tape, I'm talking the super sticky, get on your hands, it rips skin of duct tape lol
    haha, do you know where i could find some?

that I don't, as I still haven't taped mine shut, and I haven't had any water enter the headlights... yet...

well i was looking around and thought about gorilla tape, what do you think?

should work

They also have a two part epoxy ( also made by the guys at gorilla ) that would work better than the tape, and probably last longer too. I think JB weld has one too, you can get that at any auto part store.

i dont know why u guys have to cut ur heads, i installed JDMs on like 20 galants and never once did i have to cut the heads to fit after i cut the supports

Experienced TGC Member
    Yea I would cut everything else before I touched the heads. Leaving the heads open is not a good idea...

EVO 4G
    03 ES 5spd--Rota torque gloss black 17x8 et. 35--Hankook Ventus V12 evo 235/45/17--D2 coilovers--DC Sports STB--Intake--Brembo calipers--Powerslot Rotors--Stoptech Pads--SS brakes lines--35% tint--5k heads & 5k fogs--Alpine headunit--Kicker 400w amp--Alphasonix sub

Quote Originally Posted by QnzMostWanted View Post
    i dont know why u guys have to cut ur heads, i installed JDMs on like 20 galants and never once did i have to cut the heads to fit after i cut the supports
    I have an aftermarket a/c condensor, and its 1/2 wider... thats why I had to do it... would I ever cut headlights again? Hell no lol I don't need a/c

do you have any pictures of how you did it?

i checked, but no luck bro, i pretty much did what u did...maybe what galantman said is right, u probably have an aftermarket ac condenser

looking back at ur pics u do, urs is made by TYC

i checked, but no luck bro, i pretty much did what u did...maybe what galantman said is right, u probably have an aftermarket ac condenser

looking back at ur pics u do, urs is made by TYC
    alright, i think i'll cut them

make sure your hood is on, and the bumper, so you can make adjustments, also use the grill to make sure the cuts are even on each side, other than that take it slow, and you'll do fine

DONT cut the lights please... take your time and patience and go with majority here. i would always cut the support panel in such a manner should it be a safety issue or you sell it later to upgrade to a newer 8g or whatever you can keep your jdm bits and weld the items back and sell it as a usdm spec right?
    www.qcustoms.co.nz

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast