The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 5spd

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11

Icon5 5spd

so i was reading a post and im trying to figure out if this is true,

"2001 and up does - Requires ECU change and Dealer reprogramming of the Immobilizer. I am swapping mine out to a 2001 Eclipse ECU very soon. The new ECUTek flash looks very promising and looks to be the best way to tune the car" i was told i dont need the ecu wtf!

it seems the more i read up on the swap the more shit changes so can someone give me the correct or should i say the best way to do this swap/parts mind u i have a 2002 gtz so i know i have to rewire somthing

thanxs for any help i get!!!!

You showld be fine with the stock pcm. But you will have a few CEL. I believe we have a lot of advances with ecuflash and we could work something out with the CEL lights. The ECU on the eclipse will requiered Harness conversion. PM SPD_FRK for one he is making them for our platform.

Triple Diamond Motors East Cost
    02 2.5L Fully Built Galant 5 speed
    SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

u dont NEED to swap the ECU, but like isaurio said, u will have a few CEL if u are 2001+, if your state doesnt require emission testing then i wouldnt worry about it, i drove my 01 for a year with a CEL and checked it now and then for peace of mind incase anything else showed up, never had an issue

yea we do emissions out here in mass!! so i most likely will not be able to get a sticker if i do this swap?
    STAY READY AND YOU WONT HAVE TO GET READY!!

you could do a dual PCM, eclipse manual and your stock auto. and you wont get the CEL since the auto PCM will read the auto trans. Or get a conv harness from SPD_FRK to convert your PCM to a eclipse GT manual. Dont worry about the Immobilizer you could disable them with ecuflash and you dont have to take it to the dealer to reprogram or immobilizer removal. Deeznuts got a conv harness to a eclipse ecu and we removed the immobilizer with no problem.
    Last edited by Isaurio; 06-21-2011 at 01:18 PM

SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

Quote Originally Posted by Isaurio View Post
    you could do a dual PCM, eclipse manual and your stock auto. and you wont get the CEL since the auto PCM will read the auto trans. Or get a conv harness from SPD_FRK to convert your PCM to a eclipse GT manual. Dont worry about the Immobilizer you could disable them with ecuflash and you dont have to take it to the dealer to reprogram or immobilizer removal. Deeznuts got a conv harness to a eclipse ecu and we removed the immobilizer with no problem.
    so how do i run the dual pcm?? and the v6 harness isent done yet the last time i heard!cuz for now i just want a quick fix so i can get a sticker

I mean is no easy way around to take out the codes. Are you 5 speed swaped already or you going to do it?

SOHC Turbo

this is were im at now just gotta pick up the stuff
    [IMG][/IMG]

this is what blew
    [IMG][/IMG]

I hope your jack stands are on pavement dude?

Quote Originally Posted by oakrdrs187 View Post
    I hope your jack stands are on pavement dude?
    they are!! just looks like its on dirt