The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Camber Kit??

Showing results 1 to 12 of 12

Camber Kit??

Hey everyone,

ok now I bought my car already lowered. The front is lower than the rear. I am not sure what the suspension set-up is exactly. I do know that the struts are adjustable (I think they are AGX...) but not sure of what lowering springs. I notice that the front tires rest inward, very noticeably. I was told to get a camber kit to correct this. Any ideas of a good kit? Are they hard to install?

Also, though not about camber, I was wondering if there is a recommended brand of drilled and slotted rotors with brake pad setup. I have searched but not sure what is quality and what isnt. Thanks.

AJ

For the camber kit go with ingalls and for the brakes go with r1 concepts.

Go with the ingals as mentioned above but get the adjustable ball joint. I have te slide kind but I can't use them on my current Galant but that may be due to it being wrecked.

Quote Originally Posted by wetamup2k3g View Post
    Oh, and sometimes the fat guy can lay the pipe. Just saying.....

Experienced TGC Member
    Adjustable ball joint is far better than the front kit ingalls makes for the 7g. My gf bought a 2g with the adjustable control arm mounts made by ingalls and they were in dangerously bad shape and they dont look safe to me to begin with.

on the brakes...go with Brembo slotted and Akebono street pads....great bang for the buck, minimal brake dust, no squeaking and longevity. what color are the lowering springs on the car?

"Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!"

How much does all this camber kits cost? And can we get brembos with out having to do 5lug swap?..... I was told I would have to.... And I was going to get new disk but ones I want 150 a piece Fml ^lol....

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    AJ, the car has Eibach Pros with AGX struts all around. There is no need for a camber kit. I never needed one. BTW you have a 96 7G, which is different from the 94.

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

^ shine a light on me how they are different besides there air intake systems??? And that 94 came dohc option???

I'd like to know this too. I'm actualy looking at a 94 and just wondering the difference. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wetamup2k3g View Post
    Oh, and sometimes the fat guy can lay the pipe. Just saying.....

Al, I was told I need to correct the camber to stop the uneven wearing of my tires. Because they tilt inward, the inner part of the tire wears a lot faster than the rest and I have to by tires more often then I should. Does that sound like a camber issue? And thanks for informing me of the suspension setup, I have been wondering because I want to replace it but with the same setup.

Thanks for the advice on the rotors and pads. I will look into those.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    it does seem like a camber issue. could be toe as well on top and both means eating tires bery quickly.

rotors and pads i have r1 concepts e line rotors and posi quiet semi metallic pads and my car stops on a dime.

if you ever need a hand hit me up as well, i think i gave you my number way back when
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

Yes u have camber issue how low is ur car can u post pics???? Also ur cambering out not n... I go thru tires about a yr now I have warranty on my new tires for 2yrs so I'm good ^lol:-)
    This is my camber wear from my back passenger this are 215/45/17 used 80%left when I got um like 4months before the pic

This my camber i am cambering out an I love way it rides and sits also turns nice...

And matt I was being a smart ass there is no differnce between a 94 an 96... Same body same 7ga bumper just intake system is different that's all.... I have a 94es with a 96s engine and a 1995es transmission ^lol