The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 17'' tires

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11

Icon4 17'' tires

This might not be the place to post this... if its a wrong place mod can you place it where it belongs..

I looking on getting new tires for my 17" but Im getting to a point where I dont really feel like paying and arm and a leg for them. The last set of tires I got costed me $700 for Falken 452's one thing I know is they dont last very long... I need to know if anyone has a good deal here in Vegas for tires... and if so... where. And another thing is what kind of brand should I go with that will last longer then 15k miles... Cause these Falken are Sh*t!

I cant think on what other ones I can get that would be good. And plus I also need to find someone to help me with installing camber kit on the rear of my G. I have the parts for the camber install but I know one thing is that I am not going to mess with the springs. The last time I did that I almost took out my arm in the process... never again.

Thanks in advance!

Kaz.

General Exclaim UHP's.

Have them on my Pontiac, there's about 40K on them, and there's still 4/32nds of tread left on all four. They won't cost that much (I paid $456 for my set) and they have excellent grip.

-Chris-

2003 Mitsubishi Galant ES 2.4L SOHC: "Octavia"
    2005 Honda Accord EX-L Coupe 2.4L DOHC

Quote Originally Posted by XxGiRLaNT06xX View Post
    From the looks of the girl, her face isnt that great.. nothing a paper bag couldnt fix... amirite?

Experienced TGC Member 99galantES's Avatar
    ^ those are good had them on my 20's

«Carlos»

I'm looking at getting some of them in 225/40/18's, i read good reviews.

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

Experienced TGC Member 99galantES's Avatar
    I was running 30's lol

«Carlos»

Kumhos are inexpensive and have good tread wear rating. I paid about 4 bills at americas tire this past fall for some 215/45/17 all around mounted and with warranty, cuz i was in the same boat as you I wanted a tire that would last and at the same time made the change in my bank account last.

Quote Originally Posted by wetamup2k3g View Post
    I'm looking at getting some of them in 225/40/18's, i read good reviews.
    You'll be very happy with them. Very aggressive looking tread, too.

Just as a heads up, General is discontinuing these Exclaim UHPs (Replaced by the G-Max line) so you'll probably find some blowout deals on some sites. Yes...bad if you have a blowout, or unfixable damage, but SOOO worth it. They're considered all seasons, but I only used them in Spring/Summer/Fall. They can handle cold temps...as for snow, I have no experience.

-Chris-

2003 Mitsubishi Galant ES 2.4L SOHC: "Octavia"
    2005 Honda Accord EX-L Coupe 2.4L DOHC

Quote Originally Posted by XxGiRLaNT06xX View Post
    From the looks of the girl, her face isnt that great.. nothing a paper bag couldnt fix... amirite?

You are here entirely tooo much!!

Quote Originally Posted by IVORY_G View Post
    never pull out, always squeeze inside! LOL!

Also don't forget TireRack.com really knows their stuff when comes to best grip for the buck.

My cousin works for Hankook Tire USA, I know a bunch of their tires have a 50,000mi warranty/guarantee.

it's always good to invest in the stores extended warranty. The manufacturers warranty is based on a pro-ration after the first 3mths, and there's alot of fine print on that. Like tires for Trucks are excluded on a ot of manufacturer warranties and also if it's 50,000 miles it's like only 3 yrs, so if you have a car you don't drive much you'll be S.O.L.
    I found that out last week when I expected to get free replacements for some Falkens that took a shit on me. The tire center MGR, told me had my dad bought the extended warranty they offer they would have been replaced at no cost. But since he didn't it was 50%, not bad. But compared to $90 for the four warranties.