The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: spoilers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 27 of 27
    Quote Originally Posted by 98mgalant View Post
    Thanks Bro. Sadly the car will be put to rest soon but it will live on in my next Galant. Im getting another 7g so that I can transfer all the parts over to it. I recently found some pretty bad frame damage so I am not to sure how safe it is.
    So sad... How bad?

Pull the engine and tranny and everything...

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk 'cause I'm awesome...
    -Andrew

Im not going anywhere though. Im getting another 7g and transferring all my parts over to it. Im not going to mess with the pulling the motor or trans because its got 202,000 miles.lol Im going to look at a 98 in the morning with 94,000 miles. Hopefully it will work out.

Quote Originally Posted by wetamup2k3g View Post
    Oh, and sometimes the fat guy can lay the pipe. Just saying.....

Thanks Bro. Sadly the car will be put to rest soon but it will live on in my next Galant. Im getting another 7g so that I can transfer all the parts over to it. I recently found some pretty bad frame damage so I am not to sure how safe it is.
    I have always liked your car it just looks mean and agressive.It is sad to hear that about the frame.Is the frame rusted?

Quote Originally Posted by galantlvr34 View Post
    I have always liked your car it just looks mean and agressive.It is sad to hear that about the frame.Is the frame rusted?
    No its just a really nasty crease. The car has had a really good run and I have definitely had a good time with it but it has a lot of "hidden" problems. My passenger headlight mounts wont line up but the drivers side do, the ball joints are bottoming out on the strut tower mount, the trany is about shot, it has multiple broken motor mounts, every wire under the dash has been cut for some reason and Im sure there are more problems.lol Its just time for a fresh start. The new Galant will look the same just probably in a different color. Thanks for all the support though guys. Ive had the car for 4 years now and its been good to me. Its gunna be hard to see it go.

Quote Originally Posted by wetamup2k3g View Post
    Oh, and sometimes the fat guy can lay the pipe. Just saying.....

No its just a really nasty crease. The car has had a really good run and I have definitely had a good time with it but it has a lot of "hidden" problems. My passenger headlight mounts wont line up but the drivers side do, the ball joints are bottoming out on the strut tower mount, the trany is about shot, it has multiple broken motor mounts, every wire under the dash has been cut for some reason and Im sure there are more problems.lol Its just time for a fresh start. The new Galant will look the same just probably in a different color. Thanks for all the support though guys. Ive had the car for 4 years now and its been good to me. Its gunna be hard to see it go.
    yeah it does seem like it has a lot of problems,what i liked about it is the stance and the grey on body and the gunmetal wheels how they almost match it looks good.It sounds like it was in a pretty bad accident at one point and it threw everything out of alignment.

All the best 98m, hope u get it no problems. A 98 with such low miles? Sounds good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk fam!

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

that's real sad to hear, sorry man. my 7g was wrecked when I bought it, had to check the frame at a body shop to make sure it got all realigned. If you aren't gonna be using those sideskirts... definitely let me know! but i'm assuming all your suspension and styling stuff is going on the new g?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12