The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 2000 LS still worth $5,000?

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

2000 LS still worth $5,000?

Hey everyone, I recently got a job that is 100 miles away round trip and would like to get a reliable car to drive back and forth to prevent racking up the miles on my Sonata. I had a G back in 2006 and really liked it so that's on the top of my list and I found one on craigslist. It's a white 2000 LS with a V6, sunroof, leather, with 115,000 miles. The body appears to be in great shape from the pics in the ad (pics from every angle) but what concerns me is the $5,000 price tag from a dealer. The miles are relatively low but I've seen more G's being sold for 2-4,000. Is the price right or should I keep looking?

That's a high price IMO.

I sold my 2003 with 69k miles for $5000

$3500 would be the tops on that one. Don't forget dealers have to mark their cars up.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk 'cause I'm awesome...
    -Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by Blue8g View Post
    That's a high price IMO.

I sold my 2003 with 69k miles for $5000
    That's what I thought too, like at least a grand too high. I paid either $2,300 or $2,700 for the '99 I had, it was a 4cyl ES, didn't have leather or sunroof or anything with about 112,000 on it. That was in '06 too, it did have that nice, oxidated black paint too though lol. Would $3,500-4,000 be a reasonable offer or should I go lower? All they can say is no.

I'd go with DTP's price.

I didn't get DTP's post before I responded.. same ballpark lol

Experienced TGC Member Bloody Arro's Avatar
    I paid 5k for my 03 GTZ (v6, leather, sunroof, sound package) with 70k miles on her.

I'd offer 4k WALK OUT.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue8g View Post
    And fwd grocery fetters are fun, you wouldn't be on this forum if you didn't agree
    Quote Originally Posted by 8thLS6 View Post
    Tuning to me is like magic... I don't understand it but it makes things happen lol

you have found a white version of my car that is a year newer lol

my car (a 1999 LS) even with it's history, if it had 120k miles, would be worth about that much, but with the current milage, it is worth about 4 grand, though the crap I get in the mail from local dealerships, they are willing to give me more than that, but you can easily get away with buying one for under four grand

I would probably pay 5 if it were fully loaded, and the mileage was slashed in half. Not a good deal, try searching for a private sale, you'll get a better deal and you could always CarFax it yourself. I just bought another 8G this spring when the gas prices peaked, everyone went into a 4banger frenzy. Got her for 2,300 to replace my new-front-of-my-house-ornament 2004-tahoe, on my commutes to work. Also you won't save much on gas if you go 6cyl.