The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: fuel pressure reg

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

fuel pressure reg

i just recently installed a new tank due to it leaking, also in the process i noticed that i have a walbro 255 pump, now when i start the car it still take a few cranks to start over unless i stop turning it over and start again then it will fire up. butt after i shut it down it will fire right up,

im not sure why it does this when the car is cold butt i was wondering if it the fuel pressure reg, also if it has anything to do with the fuel pump?

will installing an after market fuel reg fix this?

Sounds like you're losing fuel pressure. I have you checked for leaks?

well the main leak i was having was the tank so i replaced that and filled it up and all is good
    other then that no other leaks

Bad check valve in the fuel pump? Check valve only lets gas go in one direction, so it keeps the lines primed up when the car is off. The pressure bleeds back into the tank after a while and it takes a while to re-prime the system when the check valve goes bad, or so I was told in fuels class at Lincoln Tech. Makes sense to me.

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

Quote Originally Posted by wetamup2k3g View Post
    Bad check valve in the fuel pump? Check valve only lets gas go in one direction, so it keeps the lines primed up when the car is off. The pressure bleeds back into the tank after a while and it takes a while to re-prime the system when the check valve goes bad, or so I was told in fuels class at Lincoln Tech. Makes sense to me.
    idk kno about that it pretty much goin from the tank to the fuel rail so theres no check valve only the pressure reg

Quote Originally Posted by finald8ta View Post
    idk kno about that it pretty much goin from the tank to the fuel rail so theres no check valve only the pressure reg
    Not sure myself, but I believe if it were there, it would be integral to the pump itself. Again, just throwing the idea out there, I've never had that problem.

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

Quote Originally Posted by wetamup2k3g View Post
    Not sure myself, but I believe if it were there, it would be integral to the pump itself. Again, just throwing the idea out there, I've never had that problem.
    mmm ill have to check fuel pressure when i get a chance havent done that yet,

also does anyone kno if our pumps are suppose to turn on and prime the system when u turn the key in the on position and not when that car is turning over?