Showing results 41 to 60 of 127
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue8g View Post
    He can use a good bit of DSM or EVO VIII/IX stuff iirc
    That's what i figured since they use the 4G64 motor

Quote Originally Posted by Blue8g View Post
    He can use a good bit of DSM or EVO VIII/IX stuff iirc
    what about something like this?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/95-99...item33687131b6

Yeah i saw stuff like that and that's what prompted me to post asking about the turbo stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Swimmerboy2112 View Post
    Yeah i saw stuff like that and that's what prompted me to post asking about the turbo stuff.
    Yeah thats a pretty good price i am just not sure if it would work on an 8g.I have a 7g so some stuff i am not to sure about for the 8g.

Yeah if anyone wants to chime in about the turbo stuff fitting on an 8G feel free lol

Just noticed it's for the 4G63 not the 4G64 not sure about compatibility?

Just noticed it's for the 4G63 not the 4G64 not sure about compatibility?
    4g63 and 4g64 are basically the same thing just the displacement is different.

Quote Originally Posted by galantlvr34 View Post
    4g63 and 4g64 are basically the same thing just the displacement is different.
    I didn't know that lol, so the flange is the same?

I didn't know that lol, so the flange is the same?
    Are you talking about for the exhaust?

Are you talking about for the exhaust?
    Yeah, well... in this case the turbo manifold.

Will this fit my Galant? God i need to do some more research lol

http://newjersey.craigslist.org/pts/2411850567.html

Experienced TGC Member OMEGA PHX's Avatar

Do a search for turbo and go to club3g.com create a account and research there the majority of the info on turbo is there. You can use dsm exhaust manifold, evo 8/9 aftermarket exhaust manifolds with 2 1/2 inch spacers, or go custom

4g64T 5spd

I have a dsm manifold fits ok.... lol the only issue is the o2 housing, the o2 sensor is like a finger width away from a/c compressor so yea.... There are no kits. evo 8 ICP fits, I am using that, but the LICP will need to be modified no matter what. as far as the intercooler itself... I'm using an evo 8, BUT i removed my front crash bar. As far as exhaust, you will have to have a custom down pipe made.

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant

Quote Originally Posted by OMEGA PHX View Post
    Do a search for turbo and go to club3g.com create a account and research there the majority of the info on turbo is there. You can use dsm exhaust manifold, evo 8/9 aftermarket exhaust manifolds with 2 1/2 inch spacers, or go custom
    Appreciate the advice, gonna join now.

Quote Originally Posted by Galantman03 View Post
    I have a dsm manifold fits ok.... lol the only issue is the o2 housing, the o2 sensor is like a finger width away from a/c compressor so yea.... There are no kits. evo 8 ICP fits, I am using that, but the LICP will need to be modified no matter what. as far as the intercooler itself... I'm using an evo 8, BUT i removed my front crash bar. As far as exhaust, you will have to have a custom down pipe made.
    I might just use the DSM manifold then, it will be easy to find and as long as the 02 sensor stays away from rubbing on the A/C compressor then i'm happy.

As far as ICP, i assume you mean the injection control pressure sensor? What do you mean by LICP?

I'm not worried about the intercooler, that will be easy enough to grab. Same goes for the down pipe, i have a friend who owes me a favor.

Appreciate the advice, gonna join now.

I might just use the DSM manifold then, it will be easy to find and as long as the 02 sensor stays away from rubbing on the A/C compressor then i'm happy.

As far as ICP, i assume you mean the injection control pressure sensor? What do you mean by LICP?

I'm not worried about the intercooler, that will be easy enough to grab. Same goes for the down pipe, i have a friend who owes me a favor.
    The ICP is intercooler pipe and LICP is lower intercooler pipe.

The ICP is intercooler pipe and LICP is lower intercooler pipe.
    That makes more sense now lol.

That makes more sense now lol.
    lol did you decide on what turbo you are going to use?There is a 14b,small 16g,big 16g,and a 20g

lol did you decide on what turbo you are going to use?There is a 14b,small 16g,big 16g,and a 20g
    No, i haven't gotten that far yet, i am going to try and compile a list of stuff i need first then move on to the specifics. I'll take any help i can get with compiling that list lol

^ I think starting out, getting a stock evo 8 turbo set up would work. you can find them at evom pretty decent. Just a heads up though for a turbo, your going to need...
    New injectors
    Bigger Fuel rail
    255lph fuel pump(for an evo 8)

and then alot of other stuff lol
    but Ill let you find the rest :)

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant

Quote Originally Posted by Galantman03 View Post
    ^ I think starting out, getting a stock evo 8 turbo set up would work. you can find them at evom pretty decent. Just a heads up though for a turbo, your going to need...
    New injectors
    Bigger Fuel rail
    255lph fuel pump(for an evo 8)

and then alot of other stuff lol
    but Ill let you find the rest :)
    Appreciate the help, i'm going back over through my Tiburon notes and seeing what all i used for that turbo build.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast