The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: sulfuric acid smell

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11

sulfuric acid smell

i feel like every pay chek i get is going into my tank. plus if i go above 60mph on the highway i get this rotten egg smell. do you think a leak would be the cause of this? please help.

that smell is your catalytic converter... it's going bad.

yep the smell of sulfer or rotten eggs pretty much points to the cat
    uhhhh...... Whats a 9g???

Do you have a check engine light on?I believe if an oxygen sensor is bad to that can cause that too.

Experienced TGC Member
    Most likely cat, would rob you of gas mileage as well. :)
    03 ES 5spd--Rota torque gloss black 17x8 et. 35--Hankook Ventus V12 evo 235/45/17--D2 coilovers--DC Sports STB--Intake--Brembo calipers--Powerslot Rotors--Stoptech Pads--SS brakes lines--35% tint--5k heads & 5k fogs--Alpine headunit--Kicker 400w amp--Alphasonix sub

thanks. sorry for the late reply, tgc would not let me log in. anyways if it is the cat, do you guys know of the replacement warentee and if im still covered? i have 53,--- miles.

you should still be covered usually the waranty is 60,000 or 80,000 miles depending on the waranty you got when you bought the car.

all right ill call them up tommorow and see what they can do. ill also cheack the o2 sencers. thanks guys

Cat. I gutted mine cuz I cant afford it, also mine was to the point of the car bogging down because of how clogged it was.

just an update. The smell was comeing from the cat which is now replaced under warentee. I told him the transmission issue about it being a hard shift and sometimes acting way to wild. He told me the cat was causing this problem makiing my car loose power aswell. The funny thing is that my cheack engine light never lit up. thas kind of iffy.

Gs eat cats like its thier job... mine is gone so bad... although i think the early loss of the cat is due to no longer having amuffler ... I love having a striaght pipe :] the Gs sound so good without a rice can on the back or thier stock muffler.