The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 7g wont start

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 30 of 30
    Quote Originally Posted by RedLine DOHC View Post
    ya it turns over if a crack baby it lol and i'm getting fuel at the rail and the injectors and wiring check out, i am so out of ideas its not even funny. I'm to the point the stealership is sounding like a good idea
    You did the spark test and had spark right?It really seems like the fuel pump,i would try the test for that first before you take it anywhere.If it starts on that then it has be the fuel pump.

are you talking about the rewire?

Where you take the spark plug wires off and put the spark plug in the wire and ground it to the valve cover and see if it sparks.

I thought you meant test the fuel pump.... spark was the first thing i checked. but I get plenty of fuel up to the fuel rail.... even if the fuel was under 45psi i should still get at least an attempt to fire. the fuel pump seems to be cycling fine

I dont know was the car running fine the day it happened?You didnt notice anything strange or anything.

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    Try a known working cam angle sensor

or

Try a known working MAF

Sounds like you have spark and fuel so its time to check other things that contribute to the motor running.

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    cam angle sensors on the GS suck, they are under the cam gear. its def something electrical or water in the gas. i hope its nothing electrical esp not the cam sensor
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

does the fuel pump send fuel if the ecu doesn't get a reading from the cas

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    should still pressurize but nothing will spark if its the CAS
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

well I have plenty of spark

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12