The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 7g wont start

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 30

7g wont start

So like the title says my 94 gs will not start.... I have fuel pressure at the fuel rail, I'm getting spark and all my timing marks line up correctly. so I'm out of ideas. the starter is engaging and turning the motor over but there is no attempt to fire.

CEL? Any DTC? Blown fuse(s)?
    94 Galant GS: 4G67 head, 1G IM, Evo 8 TB, DeltaCam 272/264 Cams, Test Pipe, OE Avenger V6 60mm catback w/muffler, modified Outlander header, DIY COP setup, B/S delete, 315cc injectors, AEM UEGO WBO2, Black case 3G ECU

1994 GS FYI
    DSM/CSM Manuals

are all of the wires to the fuel injectors connected?
    have you attempted to start the car with your foot on the gas? if you can, this would be a dirty throttle body, or, your MAF (I don't know if you guys have one, just throwing it out there) isn't connected or you have a bad connection to it, which in any case will cause a check engine light

cel is clear. its not getting fuel from the rail to the cylinders... i get plenty of fuel at the rail and in the return line, pushing the gas peddle changes nothing. fuses are all fine as well

its probably the injectors themselves, have you checked those?
    1994 galnt es SOHC

Did you change your fuel filter it could be clogged?If you changed that recently then i would say it sounds like your fuel pump is bad.

Here's what I think...

1. Distributor
    2. Spark plug wires
    3. Spark plugs
    4. Battery
    5. Fuse. Or short.

Easy way to eliminate 1-3 is to pull spark plug out attach to wire an see if u get spark

Eliminate 4 replace battery or jump ur car..

Eliminate 5. Check um all lol

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    Has the car been sitting? Maybe from sitting the gas has too much water in it if it was.

Also the GS has coil packs and a power transistor not a distributor

I would add something to remove any water that has gotten into the tank as this happened to my girls BMW a couple months back. And then we can go from there
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

its my DD so it is driven a lot, i was out running around and parked it and when i came back it started what its doing now. I have verified spark in all cylinders and fuel pressure and flow to the injectors but its not getting through any of them. I think the chances of all 4 injectors going out at the same time are astronomical at best.

Edit: I grabbed my meter and checked the injectors. I read 14.6 ohms in all 4 injectors
    Last edited by RedLine DOHC; 07-02-2011 at 12:12 PM

So it has been driven? I thought that it did sit for a while tho. Maybe some injector or fuel system cleaner and see how it goes.
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

It has be the fuel pump then,do you hear it come on when you turn the key on?

I pulled the fuel supply line and filled a jar with fresh fuel when i turned the engine over. the fuel is only a week old i drive the car everyday

there is supposed to be 50+ psi of fuel pressure. fuel could be new but bad as well. thats what happened to the BMW
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR

Quote Originally Posted by RedLine DOHC View Post
    I pulled the fuel supply line and filled a jar with fresh fuel when i turned the engine over. the fuel is only a week old i drive the car everyday
    What octane of fuel do you run in it?It is possible that you could have bad gas,try the fuel system cleaner like galanttuner10 said and see if it helps.

ya it would be astronomical for them all to go out but its possible they all might not have been working right while you were driving. when u were driving it was there anything unusual happening??
    1994 galnt es SOHC

Hmmm...try shooting some starter fluid or something similar in the intake and have someone turn over the engine. If it starts then its fuel related: Is fuel pump pressure above 45psi? Is the injector receiving their signal from the ecu[use noid lights, they are your friends] Is the motor 20A fuse blown? Clog fuel filter
    No CEL so look at a possible camshaft/crankshaft sensors as well. Also, dose the CEL stays on when the key is in ON position or flash when you grounded Pin 1 on the DLC?
    94 Galant GS: 4G67 head, 1G IM, Evo 8 TB, DeltaCam 272/264 Cams, Test Pipe, OE Avenger V6 60mm catback w/muffler, modified Outlander header, DIY COP setup, B/S delete, 315cc injectors, AEM UEGO WBO2, Black case 3G ECU

1994 GS FYI
    DSM/CSM Manuals

Sorry for the super quiet sound quality but this is what I'm getting.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80IfWRdKTRU

I hooked my meter up to the injector harness and got 1.56v DC with max hold while cranking

i dont know man it has to be fuel related,pull off the intake spray throttle body cleaner or starting fluid in it and try cranking it over and see if it starts.

ya it turns over if a crack baby it lol and i'm getting fuel at the rail and the injectors and wiring check out, i am so out of ideas its not even funny. I'm to the point the stealership is sounding like a good idea

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast