The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 5spd help!!!

Showing results 1 to 17 of 17

5spd help!!!

so im trying to install my clutch pedal and i cant figure it out for shit!! i have search but none of the how tos show u how to install the clutch pedall someone help, and i can seem to remove the old old fltwheel and clutch please help me or call me 413 347 1708
    STAY READY AND YOU WONT HAVE TO GET READY!!

Experienced TGC Member OMEGA PHX's Avatar

And install total 2 nuts 2 bolts the nuts screw onto the master cylinder studs and the screw to the firewall
    Last edited by OMEGA PHX; 07-02-2011 at 10:58 AM

4g64T 5spd

Take a picture of what is still connected to your engine. i have a feeling you are talking about the flex plate and torque converter.
    '99 5-Speed GTZ: Forged 3.6L 6G74T 6764 E85
    2017: 552whp/562wtq SBE on 19psi
    '02 Eclipse GT: 6G72 M/T-swapped Daily Driver
    '10 Endeavor: 6G75 AWD Family-mobile

so i have removed the flywheel,clutch and mounted the clutch pedal,tranny is in,shifter cables and base(pain in the ass!!? anyways,the clutch has two connecters on it where do the go.also how do i trick the ecu into thinking it in neutral,thanks

[IMG][/IMG]

The wire is probably for a neutral safety switch

Experienced TGC Member OMEGA PHX's Avatar

the connector is so the car wont start unless you depress the clutch you can leave them disconnected. To make the ecu think its in neutral (the pic is from beam i just added text):

4g64T 5spd

You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    haha thanks for fixing my pic OMEGA :)

Galant1983, you don't need to connect those connectors on the clutch pedal to anything, unless you are swapping to a Manual ECU.

ok well i just ran into an issue! when i bolted up the starter and started the car it made a crazy noise, what could that be?

make sure your starter plate is align properly and the start is sitting in it right position.

Only sonata f5m42 swapped. N/A build in motion.

Quote Originally Posted by Exhaust power View Post
    make sure your starter plate is align properly and the start is sitting in it right position.
    well i think everything is aligned right cuz everything bolted up with no problems and i thought there was only one way to bolt the starter.

Quote Originally Posted by galant1983 View Post
    well i think everything is aligned right cuz everything bolted up with no problems and i thought there was only one way to bolt the starter.
    You have to get the teeth aligned a certain way.

Quote Originally Posted by galant1983 View Post
    The starter bolts right in but there is up and down wiggle room if you ever tried moving it when its not torqued down. Try shifting it to a different spot.

You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    Can't remember, but do the I4 guys need the manual starter-locator-plate?

no we dont i dont even remember there being a plate at all for i4. My guess is his starter is off center and needs to be moved around till it hooks up properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Exhaust power View Post
    no we dont i dont even remember there being a plate at all for i4. My guess is his starter is off center and needs to be moved around till it hooks up properly.
    Yeah the teeth on the starter are probably out of alignment and not touching the teeth on the flywheel.

he could have gotten a 2 g wheel and using the stock starter. That would cause grinding noise. Or maybe the starter isn't disengaging

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant

Quote Originally Posted by Galantman03 View Post
    he could have gotten a 2 g wheel and using the stock starter. That would cause grinding noise. Or maybe the starter isn't disengaging
    True if that is the case he needs to buy a 2g starter then.