The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: How to: rebuild your auto trans

Showing results 1 to 2 of 2

How to: rebuild your auto trans

Okay everyone as I'm rebuilding my transmission I decided take pics and show you all how to rebuild it yourselfs... So save you alot of money. So here we go.

Below there are 15 bolts u need to take off to Get to the clutches inside. Your need a 12mm socket

After u have the bolts around the transmission pump to take off... Your also need a 12mm socket

Under ur pump ur find ur 1st 2 Clutchs.... When removing this remember how everything is so when putting everything back in your have everything correct nothing missing....

This are ur clutch packets. Remember how u remove it because on the shaft there are openings that allow fluids to get into the packets and keep things lubed

As u see this packet has 3 Clutchs and 4clutch plates.. And as you see in the packet there is a pressure plate check that make sure there are no cracks or damages

Here is the 2nd packet as u c there are 3 Clutchs and 4 plates but the plates are alot thicker then the 1st packet... And there's a pressure plate also in there as well...

All your Clutchs should look like this in both packets..... Thus is brand new clutch any wear and tear replace them.

After those are done there is the last Clutchs inside ....

This is the side Clutchs and plates there bigger then 1st 2 ... There are 6 Clutchs and 7 clutch plates...

This is a very bad clutch ^lol

New Ones

Make sure when u put this back in u line up the whole which have a gasket around them to the 2 wholes on the transmission which are easily found.

Now to rotate around and get to the end clutch which easy accessed even when the transmission is on the car... This is one of the clutch packets thy go bad fast.. 4bolts that 10mm

Here is the end Clutchs which have 4 Clutchs and 5 plates.. As well has a pressure plate

Lay everything out where ur remember what goes where and start cleaning and replacing what is burned or damaged

If need help with the valve body and silinoids look at my thread about Auto transmission failures.... Thanks for reading any question I'd be happy to answer...

where did you get the replacement clutches? Are there rebuilt kits with clutches and pressure plates?