The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: JDM Hi-Beam Bulb!!

Showing results 1 to 12 of 12
    Experienced TGC Member

JDM Hi-Beam Bulb!!

Ok I know its on here somewhere... Someone posted a link to where I can order the H1 bulb socket adaptor thingy. Does anyone know where it is????
    03 ES 5spd--Rota torque gloss black 17x8 et. 35--Hankook Ventus V12 evo 235/45/17--D2 coilovers--DC Sports STB--Intake--Brembo calipers--Powerslot Rotors--Stoptech Pads--SS brakes lines--35% tint--5k heads & 5k fogs--Alpine headunit--Kicker 400w amp--Alphasonix sub

Experienced TGC Member

This damn part!!!

EVO 4G
    03 ES 5spd--Rota torque gloss black 17x8 et. 35--Hankook Ventus V12 evo 235/45/17--D2 coilovers--DC Sports STB--Intake--Brembo calipers--Powerslot Rotors--Stoptech Pads--SS brakes lines--35% tint--5k heads & 5k fogs--Alpine headunit--Kicker 400w amp--Alphasonix sub

i have craploads lol....
    www.qcustoms.co.nz

Experienced TGC Member
    I need one!!! Please! Lol

EVO 4G

Will a H7 bulb work in the place? It looks like the connector.

Quote Originally Posted by qcustoms View Post
    i have craploads lol....
    there you have it

or anyone else living where jdm 8g's are the norm.

^^^ He should sell them in baggies on this forum...They would go like crack. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by oakrdrs187 View Post
    The connector would work, but the bulb wouldn't seat in the housing without some modifications. I have no idea ho extensive the modifications. Hell it could be easy for all i know. I just remember the bulb wouldn't even fit through the opening.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by oakrdrs187 View Post
    no. the holes in the actual housing are different. that H1 adapter is part of what keeps the bulb snug in to the housing by the clip. an H1 HID capsule w/ plastic base (not the thin metal base) would work however since the flange on it is thicker than a regular H1's flange.

That's right the H7 capsule is bigger, like a 9006. H1 is a water drop like and h3.
    Then the body of it is flat, well I guess you gotta buy some of that crack from qcustoms.

you don't need the adapters at all if you go HID H1 (because the flanges on the majority of HID H1 capsules are much thicker than the bulb versions). alternately, you can just modify the clips on the headlight housing to hold the normal H1 bulb snug by taking a needle nose pliers and re-bending the clip so that it holds the bulb flange tighter to the housing. i did this before i upgrade my hi beams to HID years ago. the wiring would be positive wired to bulb, ground directly to under the screw that holds the clip onto the housing. refer to my tutorial for JDM headlights.

I had HID high beams on my 3g with depo projectors, nice and bright. Just took too long IMO when I needed them right away.