The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Bad AGX Strut/Lowered

Showing results 1 to 12 of 12

Bad AGX Strut/Lowered

I have had my car lowered on AGX struts and Megan springs for a week now, it's been nothing but fun driving this whole time. I just recently finished a round trip from PHX to Vegas, then LA back home. Driving on some LA highways and streets of Hollywood were complete HELL for me at times.

The reason i'm posting is because on my ride back to AZ last night, I hit a really nasty pot hole in a lane on the interstate 10, going about 75. I was switching lanes and didn't see it in time to react. I just heard the car go over it really loud and it even made my GPS fall off the windshield. It was the front left side that took the hit, basically the whole left side of the car. Now when i take hard turns to the right it feels way too soft, compared to how it should feel when still taking turns to the left, nice and responsive. What should I do? Warranty?

By the way here are pics of the car lowered now.

If it ain't broke, i'm still fixin' it.

You are here entirely tooo much!! IVORY_G's Avatar
    Its probably gone. If you do go for an exhange, dont tell them your on Megans, anything 2" drop or more voids the warranty from what I understand...
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

So I would be contacting KYB directly I suppose. All i would be saying is the ride feels "softer" than it should on one side. Has anyone done an exchange with them? Do you know how it works? I'll be calling them tomorrow.

Damn who is the girl in the first pic with the grey shirt on lol? Naw seriously if you hit something that bad it more than likely is gone. Does your car look like its lower on that one side than the other

Hah you real funny lol. The ride sits the same, it doesn't look like the car is lower on one side. I went to the store this morning and rode one side over those speed hump things in front of Albertson's. It feels like my old worn struts... So the front and rear on the driver side is shot.

EDIT: That whole leg of my trip home just wasn't going right at all lol. I dodged a truck that had a blow out at about 80mph and had chunks of rubber fly at me. Then about an hour or two after the pothole I ran over a shredded rig tire and the air guard and bumper clips broke off the car. This was all at night so i could hardly see anything coming.
    Last edited by RayDub; 07-04-2011 at 03:41 PM

Turns it has to do with your links, check your stabilizer links and control arms bushing.

Triple Diamond Motors East Cost
    02 2.5L Fully Built Galant 5 speed
    SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

Quote Originally Posted by Isaurio View Post
    Turns it has to do with your links, check your stabilizer links and control arms bushing.
    You don't think it's the struts first hand? I'll get out there and look at them tomorrow or have my mechanic check them out for me. All I can tell that needs replacing is the rubber pieces a the end of the links, but that's been that way for a while, all around the car.

^ yeah man that is the first thing that goes when you hit a really big pot hole. Check that first them check shocks.

Triple Diamond Motors East Cost
    02 2.5L Fully Built Galant 5 speed
    SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

This is one of them few G's with small diameter wheels that can pull it off. 3G 15's in charcoal look sweet.

Thanks man. And yeah i'm going in the shop tuesday morning to see if that's really the case. I don't want to have to deal with getting new(er) struts put on if i don't have to.

I took it in today and the links, bushings and everything was good. They said it's probably just wear and the impact from the pothole just made it wear premature on that side of the vehicle. Think I should just call warranty on these?

Yea try to get a freebie.