The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 5 spd Swap

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 26 of 26
    Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Galantman03 View Post
    If your going to swap all the harness over from the 3g to the 8g, your going to need the eclipse ecu, because the connectors to the ecu are different on the 3g compared to the 8g. I don't know if anyone has done that, and IDK if the engine fuse boxes are the same layout, same with the inside fuse boxes.
    It's been done, and documented thanks to us. The ECU between the Galant and the Eclipse use identical connectors for both the M/T and A/T ECUs. The M/T ECU only uses 3 connectors whereas the A/T ECU uses 4, ironically enough 3 of the A/T connectors are direct fit to the M/T ECU.

No need to swap harnesses if you don't want to, you can re-pin your stock Galant harness to that of the Eclipse ECU, or buy a conversion harness.

Quote Originally Posted by sportbiker View Post
    btw i dont care about the ces light its been on forever (bad #6 cylinder) i will most likley take out the led or hope it burns out - since i regularly scan it for codes when i change the oil.
    You will not want to remove the lamp indicator for the CEL, this can be useful (knock on CEL feature with Big Maps patch on Eclipse ECU), and also give you a heads up when shit hits the fan if it ever does, prior to waiting to pull the codes. You will immediately throw codes with the 5-spd swap (Valve Body Solenoids, & TC Circuit). If you have to do any type of state vehicle inspections many have failed due to the CEL, so keep that in mind (Also removing the bulb will not prevent failure as they do connect to the vehicle to check).

Quote Originally Posted by OMEGA PHX View Post
    And if you want to get rid of the SES lights swap the eclipse ecu, but you'll need to buy a conversion harness from here: http://www.blackheartmotors.net/conversion_harness/
    +rep for you on spreading the word.

3G Eclipse Performance & Development - Denver, Colorado
    www.blackheartmotors.net

thanks SPD_FRK . Explain repin procedure please , no, i dont have inspection here and yes, i would rather have the ces light work properly. but how??? i dont have the eclipe ecu, its gone. whats this stuff i read about a immobilizer???

There's a thread on this already out there. It explains would bolts up to what, and what parts need to be swapped. Search a bit more...

i was digging through the trunk of the spyder today and there was a md367858 ecu still in bubble wrap!! can and how do i do the dual ecu trick? i have been searching like crazy, but, unlike most - im not frankenstienin different engines and trans from god knows where, just straight out whole assembly - eclipse to galant - im exhausted from searching for answers -and if you say theres a thread out there with the info i need -please post a link to it. I know a few masterminds on here could easily supplement my apparent lack of knowlege. sorry for the rant, but im getting more discouraged everyday.

In a very short word, no, there is no need for a dual ECU set up on a v6, a conversion harvness and some basic rewiring will make things work with the stock ECU, but now that you have the eclipse ECU, your in better shape, as (if memory serves) you are going to be swapping the engine with the transmission, the wiring harness (on the engine) will line up just fine

Keith6110 has done a similar (not identicle) swap with a GTS engine, ECU and transmission, talking to him would be a good idea for this sort of swap

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sportbiker View Post
    i was digging through the trunk of the spyder today and there was a md367858 ecu still in bubble wrap!! can and how do i do the dual ecu trick? i have been searching like crazy, but, unlike most - im not frankenstienin different engines and trans from god knows where, just straight out whole assembly - eclipse to galant - im exhausted from searching for answers -and if you say theres a thread out there with the info i need -please post a link to it. I know a few masterminds on here could easily supplement my apparent lack of knowlege. sorry for the rant, but im getting more discouraged everyday.
    Good to see you found the Eclipse ECU!

Shoot us an email and we can send you the wiring information to convert your Galant harness over to the Eclipse ECU, or we can make you a conversion harness if you would like to purchase one instead.

Quote Originally Posted by foxbrand View Post
    Keith6110 has done a similar (not identicle) swap with a GTS engine, ECU and transmission, talking to him would be a good idea for this sort of swap
    Keith only did the engine and trans swap, He is still running on the stock Galant ECU

3G Eclipse Performance & Development - Denver, Colorado
    www.blackheartmotors.net

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12