The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: AC Compressor Issue

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

AC Compressor Issue

Long story short, my old ac compressor started to slowly seize up, finally ending up destroying the belt for the ac compressor/powersteering. Went to the junk yard, picked up a used but working ac compressor, installed that, put on the belt, everything was good. At this time i also bought some r134 and charged it cause i would imagine that it all leaked out. AC blows out warm, no change in temperature while driving. When i engage it, it makes an angry sounding grinding noise. My thoughts, are either A. Theres a leak/I didn't put the coolant in right. B. I didn't line something up right? C. The AC compressor doesn't work.

Any ideas?

Or you could have put too much which as a safety feature the compressor won't engage.

BTW: How are you certain the one you got was working? How much did you pay that you decided not to get a new one with warranty?

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    i just happen to have a brand new ac compressor for the 2000-02 brand new in the box for 190+shipping. brand new not a rebuild

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

Tbh, i was just looking for something to get my power steering back working quickly without shortening belts, because at the time i was commuting 100 miles a day back and forth and didn't feel like dealing with a trip like that w/o power stering. i paid like 70 bucks for it, which is a huge savings over a new one. Air Conditioning really isn't a huge priority to me, but it'd be nice to have.