The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Galant drove flawlessly for a few months now won't stay cranked.

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Galant drove flawlessly for a few months now won't stay cranked.

I have a 2003 8G Galant 2.4 and I've had no troubles with it until yesterday/today. I drove to Charlotte which is about 20 minutes there and back and had no issues but this morning after my mom moved my car it won't stay cranked. She said she had no problems this morning but she doesn't know **** about cars so we took it to the mechanic and he fiddled around and said he thinks a part is missing from the throttle body.

Does anyone know what the part is called? I can't find any replacement throttle body for a 2.4, would a 3.0 work or could I possibly buy the 3.0 Throttle Body and just pull the part out and use it?

Thanks for the help.

EDIT: try this link for the picture, I can't tell if it works or not.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/64/galantt.jpg/
    Last edited by sp9861; 07-06-2011 at 02:46 PM Reason: picture link

I just talked to our mechanic and he does not believe the IAC is missing.

edit: I appreciate you finding that but I already saw that but I am uneasy ordering a used part from CA since if it doesn't work I'm out 50 dollars and a good bit of time.
    Last edited by sp9861; 07-06-2011 at 03:10 PM Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by sp9861 View Post
    we took it to the mechanic and he fiddled around and said he thinks a part is missing from the throttle body.
    He thinks a part is missing? Go to another mechanic.

What's with all the totally incompetent mechanics people are going to these days?

If you post stupid and incorrect information, you will get red nuggets.

Quote Originally Posted by sp9861 View Post
    I just talked to our mechanic and he does not believe the IAC is missing.

edit: I appreciate you finding that but I already saw that but I am uneasy ordering a used part from CA since if it doesn't work I'm out 50 dollars and a good bit of time.
    Yeah you are missing that little flap thing that is in the picture of the one on ebay.It is a little round metal piece that bolts in.
    This is what looks like it is missing.

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by galantlvr34; 07-06-2011 at 03:29 PM

Oh trust me, I've already had it with my dad and this guy. But he got the car towed there and refuses to have to it towed anywhere else. I ordered the whole TB from ebay just in case since he does have the 30 day guarantee but I was hoping it would be somewhere local but there's not many 8G 2.4L around these parts.