The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: p0335 and p0340!? please help!

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5
    Tihoff88

p0335 and p0340!? please help!

So i bought a 2000 Ls v6 about 8 months ago, never had any problems at all with it till now. I left for 6 weeks for work and just got back last week. got in my car and drove it to the store, and on the way back the "service engine soon" light came on and i noticed a clicking sound when my engine was idling. i checked the codes and got p0335 and p0340 (crankshaft and camshaft position sensors). i tried restarting my car and it shut its self off after about a minute of running. And now I'm kinda stuck. I'm not sure what could have caused both sensors to go out so I'm thinking it has to be electrical. i tested the connections on the crankshaft sensor, ohms and volts and I'm pretty sure its ok, also checked all the wire harness to and from the sensors and they look fine. I'm not really sure how to check the camshaft sensor since its in the distributor though. (might have that backwards, is it the crankshaft that's in the distributor...?) either way i have no idea how to test the camshaft sensor and have no idea how to fix these 2 codes, Ive been searching all over and asking everybody i know and I'm getting a million different answers from loose battery connection to timing belt slip so i figured id ask the people who know these cars the best. so PLEASE if you have any answers or advice PLEASE help me.

ah ha! another person in Illinios with an v6 8g LS!

anyway, stonet info is probably better than what I can give you, I have little experence in the matter
    Last edited by foxbrand; 07-17-2011 at 09:13 PM

If you checked your connections and it all checked out, then it is possible that your sensor have failed.

Tihoff88
    I finally got it working again, it was a bad ground on the cam sensor pigtail, it took me awhile to find it because the ohms would read .2-.3 then read 28 randomly, i finally traced it down. So i just ran a temp to the negative terminal on the battery and it works for now. thanks for the info, it did help quite a bit!