The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Car cranks but wont start

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 34 of 34
    You are here entirely tooo much!! Corey2kG's Avatar
    Just DO IT

FreakyDeaky

Quote Originally Posted by sponcar View Post
    Always remember "do you, not them" cuz thats what make you different than others :)
    2kG 6g72/74 5 speed

My sister's Neon had a fuel pump go up. This is not safe, but what I did was remove the back seat and smack the hell out of the frame over the tank with my shoe, and it started up, but died shortly thereafter. So to get her car home, I sat in the back, smacking the tank periodically, while my dad drove. Every time it started to die, I'd smack frantically, and it would pick back up for a few seconds. I say it's not safe because if there was an electrical arc caused from me banging and something worked its way really loose, and the tank had a lot of vapor in it, well you can see where I'm going. I'm not responsible for any harm caused by following this advice, but if you smack the tank and it tries to start, fuel pump it is. Hope this helps.

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

Experienced TGC Member 99galantES's Avatar
    Well my car is home lol but your crazy for doing that

«Carlos»

Quote Originally Posted by 99galantES View Post
    Well my car is home lol but your crazy for doing that
    Not really he is right about it.You just use a rubber mallet and lightly tap it.

So I think im going to change the fuel pump unless someone has any more options

«Carlos»

I've been called worse than crazy lol, such an unexplained and sudden failure points to (but is not limited to) the fuel pump, so I hope you can sort it out. Best of luck bruh!

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

not to b a dick but make sure u got gas in it my shit read it had gas but really it was dry but also everybody might b right about the full pump thing cuz when i had my 99 i had to (my father had to) hit something which im assuming was fuel pump lol to get it to turn over back then i didnt care what he did i jus wanted my shit to turn on lol

Im going to do that today cuz I do need some

«Carlos»

did you figure the problem out? I am going through this unexpected issue right now.

Yes was a faulty wire in the fuel pump

«Carlos»

You know what's weird? I had the same problem and same situation. Low fuel, car wont turn over, problem was a short in a relay in the pump its self. Weird.

Quote Originally Posted by carl3g View Post
    You know what's weird? I had the same problem and same situation. Low fuel, car wont turn over, problem was a short in a relay in the pump its self. Weird.
    You dont run your car below a quarter of a tank do you?If you do it could be from that it sucks up all of the dirt and puts more of a strain on the fuel pump.

The thing was, I didn't have my car that night. I let my brother use it to go to work but he came home hours after his store closed with the gauge damn near E. I usually get gas when I notices near a 1/4th tank.

Quote Originally Posted by carl3g View Post
    The thing was, I didn't have my car that night. I let my brother use it to go to work but he came home hours after his store closed. I usually get gas when I notices near a 1/4th tank.
    Yeah he probably ran it really low before getting gas.That can cause that to happen.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12