The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: f***ed tranny?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 24

f***ed tranny?

Hey guys so i have asshole friends and they think messing with cars is fun, so they went under the hood and took out the automatic transmission fuse? Idk something in the fuse box that says a/t. Well they threw it out and didn't tell me so I was leaving school and noticed that I have like no power I keep. Driving...the car stalls but still slamming on the gas and barely any power suddenly I hear a hissing I pull over and see atf sizzling out of the a/t dipstick and steam coming out...I made it home it kept sizzling and it got to the point it wouldn't engage the gear at all and I kept reving it and then it engages......basically how fucked is my transmission? BTW I made my friends pay for any damages

Well at first your car went in to limp mode by pulling that "Relay"
    It was stuck in 3rd gear as a precaution, but ATF coming out the dip stick, sizzling and steam, probably shot.

Here's what you do, go to your nearest shopping center and go to the back where their waste bins are and look for a wooden pallet. Rip off one of the pieces of wood but make sure it still has nails in it, repeat as needed. Go to each of your so called friends and shove it up their ass and out their throat.

I Cant imagine how you're feeling, this pissed me off.

I'm so mad Like wtf as if pulling an a/t fuse Wont do anything. They're.assholes, and Idk why but when it was steaming and atf was pouring out it was like shit brown and looked like diarrhea. Idk why cause the day before it was red?

So if I get a replacement relay* it still won't work?

Probably won't work. With friends like that, you don't need enemies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk fam!

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

Well they are more people i've known for a while than friends -___- wow no car cool. So I should buy a new transmission?

If at all possible I'd have a professional look at it, I honestly don't know what's fried, but I'd bet something is if the symptoms you described are really happening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk fam!

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

Yea I'm probably going to take it to the mechanic soon...I took the car out today for a zip around my neighborhood to see how bad it is...well its still in limp mode but when I put it into reverse or drive it like slams into gear.. like a doum And the car jolts....Idk is it really bad? Other than that its ok I mean its still stuck in 3rd gear so it takes some revs to move

By taking the transmission relay off, this disable or take power off of all trani shift solenoids. Meaning the computer is telling the trani to shift but since the trani cant receive the signal from the computer it get stock in a gear. You should have not drive the car when that happen. Is like you drove the car without no coolant, and you overheated the trani oil. The best thing is put the relay back and check the trani dipstick if is low put mitsu trani fluid. If you not using the A/C take out the A/C compressor relay and put it on the A/T relay place until you find another one, they all use the same relays.
    Last edited by Isaurio; 10-26-2011 at 02:17 PM

Triple Diamond Motors East Cost
    02 2.5L Fully Built Galant 5 speed
    SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

Will replacing the relay actually work? Cause everyone says it won't

We are saying that maybe the trani is done. But the only way to find out is to put the relay back. the shift solenoid needs to be on. The A/T trani are strong as fuck so is hard to break one so easy. Just check fluids, put relay, disconnect battery for 5 min. and drive the car.

SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

Ok will do thanks let you guys know tomorrow or later tonight I'm at work right now :/

Im going to try it in an hour or so but how would I know if any of my gears blew put? Would the a/t still work?

Quote Originally Posted by NewGalantKid View Post
    Im going to try it in an hour or so but how would I know if any of my gears blew put? Would the a/t still work?

well if you replace the fuse< check all fuses , fill to Mitsubishi specs "slugfluid""transmission fluid" and try to take your car for aspin and dont make it... your tranny May be phucked.
    any jerking and or slipping while going into or out of a gear "automatically"or holding a gear to long when you KNOW it should have been done released and went to the next gear are signs that your tranny has problems or is on its last leg

definatly get you a service manual they come in handy

Alright should be trying this in about 15min or so ill let you guys know

I've had my tranny go bad on me before too, all because previous owner put the wrong atf fluid so I can understand how pissed you would be if someone else fucked your car up. When you reinsert the relay and the gears aren't shifting right, or it jumps or slips, I would make those so called friends of yours pay for the damage since they're the assholes who caused it, it's not a cheap fix so why should you pay for it, but DO NOT drive the car without the relay you will only cause more damage to it.

Alright thanks...could driving without a relay overheat the tranny?... and how bad if someone pours water into your tranny? Not mine lol some dumbass in stop and shop was doing that I was like I'm pretty sure that's bad and he was like leave me alone lol

Dont drive the car without the relay. Change it. I told you what to do.

SOHC Turbo

check the post ct

Quote Originally Posted by ricky_db View Post
    check the post ct
    What? Lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Isaurio View Post
    Dont drive the car without the relay. Change it. I told you what to do.
    And I didn't I was just wondering.
    Anyways I switched relays and its working. Perfectly too!! I hammered it too and nothing slips and it all shifts fine. Thanks guys!

Great. there you go. New relay? But double check the trani fluid since it was smoking a little, that could have decrease the life of the fluid.

SOHC Turbo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast