The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Engine light..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 49

Engine light..

"service engine soon" keeps flicking on. i think its because i installed my CAI. Anyone have any permanent solutions besides unhooking the battery? which makes it go away for a couple days then it comes right back on? Let me know asap that. thanks

9g Baby!

You shouldn't get a code for installing an intake. Unless you forgot to connect a vacuum line or the MAF or make sure the clamps are nice and tight and there's no leak.

What's the code?

The only proper way to get rid of that light is to diagnose and properly correct the issue. step 1 is finding out what the code is. it may not even be related to your intake.
    '99 5-Speed GTZ: Forged 3.6L 6G74T 6764 E85
    2017: 552whp/562wtq SBE on 19psi
    '02 Eclipse GT: 6G72 M/T-swapped Daily Driver
    '10 Endeavor: 6G75 AWD Family-mobile

i doubt it would be anything else my car has 33k miles on it. but of course i could be wrong. everytime i bring it in to get checked out the light turns off when the place goes to read it.

9g Baby!

hmmm, sounds like you need spend $75 for your own ODB-II sensor and keep it in te glove box. :)

Shouldn't the code still be pending, even without the hard code?

Find a friend with one, and "borrow" it for awhile :)

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk 'cause I'm awesome...
    -Andrew

find out what the code is... also what type of cai are you using?
    uhhhh...... Whats a 9g???

injen. CAI

9g Baby!

Ya get it diagnosed. Mine is always on to... Has to do with one of the Catalytic converters not getting hot enough.
    Don't really care as they'll be gone soon with headers. (Mitsu wanted 900$ to replace the rear header to clear the problem)

Quote Originally Posted by monnewbie3 View Post
    Ya get it diagnosed. Mine is always on to... Has to do with one of the Catalytic converters not getting hot enough.
    Don't really care as they'll be gone soon with headers. (Mitsu wanted 900$ to replace the rear header to clear the problem)
    That don't seem right I took my car to the dealer for the same reasone code p420 and p421 catalitic heat threshhold or something....its a recall some galants in 04 and some other years were programed with the wrong heat perameters I had my exaust manifolds replaced, my cat, and had my ecu flashed for free but I walked in with the recall papes in my hand I got them off of the TSB on alldata......

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk
    BIG WILLY 9G FOO..........

Good to know :)
    I'll have to check that out.

Considering the Mitsu mechanic told me I was missing a 02 Sensor and that's what caused the SES light...(I have a cut 02 sensor where the wideband goes when I get my car tuned, to keep er sealed).
    But once I told him to check all the O2 sensors on his computer... he said they're all correctly reporting... DUH!
    So I just left the shop immediately....Don't want someone looking at my car that have no clue what's going on.

weird... its only comes on when i drive on the highway.

9g Baby!

Switch back to stock and see if the problem is still there. If it is it's not the new intake.

Is not the intake. What is the code?

Triple Diamond Motors East Cost
    02 2.5L Fully Built Galant 5 speed
    SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

same shit keeps happening. i got to take it in to get read and it shuts off. it sucks. i gotta go to the Mitsubishi dealer and just have them flash my ecu. just to end the problem. anynone have an idea how much that costs?

9g Baby!

it should still show up as previous code that it threw i believe with a good obd reader

when i have time im jsut gonna drive on the highway till it comes on then head over to a shop right after it turns on.

9g Baby!

the code is a pending code. What it does the computer shows the code so you could see it, but it waits for a new reading from the sensor. if the reading is good and the computer is happy the code should come off. if is bad the code will stay on or will come back on. Mitsubishi wont flash the computer. You will void the warranty since you put the CAI. and they will tell you is a sensor issue. Bigg $$$ for no reason.

I will say is a vacuum leak issue. the source = MAF. The computer is getting a unread air volume. Meaning, there is some extra air not calculated by the MAF. The air is getting in after the MAF.
    Last edited by Isaurio; 08-15-2011 at 02:44 PM

Triple Diamond Motors East Cost
    02 2.5L Fully Built Galant 5 speed
    SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

^^^Meaning check your clamps. Happened to me once, except my leak was huge and my car wouldn't go anywhere.

i finally got that code... po421 ( warm up catalyst) fefficiency bank 1 below threshold. can anyone tell me whats going on.

9g Baby!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast