The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: end clutch

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

end clutch

okay so i looked at the end clutch on my trans and its screwed. the clutch were literally bent becuase the end clutch over heated, now my question is being that the end clutch stopped the car from moving would that have stopped the rest of the trans from over heating also?
    1994 galnt es SOHC

FreshDaily
    From what i know, wich isnt alot lol, is the end clutch is your overdrive/4th gear. If your 1-3 gears dont work then its much more than ur end clutch, but if its your overdrive/4th gear thats not working then the end clutch would be the first to blame.

Are u saying your car wont move at all in any gear?.

Im not sure. I didn't even know of an end clutch until I had all the fluid drained out of the trans and it all un wired so I couldn't test it.
    1994 galnt es SOHC

FreshDaily
    LOL, ok well why did u drain it and unplug everything in the first place, what was the original problem???

i could put it into gear and it would still act like it was in neutral, the only gear that would engage was park so i know it isnt the linkage so i drained everything and disconnected everything to get a new trans and put it in but then i found out about the end clutch problem with the 7g's and i checked that and it was destroyed so i know that over heated just now i dont know about the rest of the transmission..
    1994 galnt es SOHC

Dude plz read my threads so help u out solve Ur issues.... Didn't u just buy that crap? I told u before and here it is again.... Ur end clutch will only burn if no fluids get into it and Ur inside clutches are messed up..... Plz listen I am trying to save u money.... Remove Ur transmission.... Take it apart use my how to . To show u what to do.... If Ur end clutchs are burning up with out going into over drive then either there wrong or Ur inside is all fucked up.........

ya i still havent gotten the end clutch and i was just checking to see if it woulda stopped there im taking the trans off and im going to rebuild it because i know it over heated now and im gonna use your thread (thanks for that btw) and i appreciate that you wanna save me money lol i could use all i could get also i looked at your car, did you spray paint that or was it professionally done because man i love it! its pretty awesome!
    1994 galnt es SOHC

Spray paint I did it myself I'm the clear came off so just said f it and sprayed the whole car lol waiting to get money to paint it

hey no matter what anyone says about it i like it man. i think i like the hood and engine/engine bay the most tho, its different and i like that but i guess to really like it you need somewhat of an artistic side. i wanna do something different like that with my car but idk what yet
    1994 galnt es SOHC