The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Questions on Dropped Car

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Questions on Dropped Car

Hey Guys,

So in February I asked a few questions about dropping my car and ended up going with the Tein lowering springs and GR-2/Excel G struts. 1. The front still seems a tad higher than the back and there is a noticeable difference in height on the driver front side compared to the passenger front, Is that common or did the mechanic f*ck it up? 2. Since the drop i cant really have people sit in the back of my car. When i have 1 person in the back the car feels extra bouncy and usually scrapes if i hit a bump or the road dips. so im scared to even attempt to let 2 people sit in the back. do any of you experience that?

will post pics ASAP to give a better reference on car height

You are here entirely tooo much!! IVORY_G's Avatar
    Sounds like something was installed incorrectly...
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    maybe you put one of the fronts upside down. also check if theres a specific for left spring and right spring for front & rear

Quote Originally Posted by IVORY_G View Post
    never pull out, always squeeze inside! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by E_Emerson88 View Post
    maybe you put one of the fronts upside down. also check if theres a specific for left spring and right spring for front & rear
    this

Cool as soon as i get a chance ill look into if the springs are put in right. Any ideas on the back of my car not being able to bare any weight?

Experienced TGC Member
    If I remember correctly my tein springs are marked with a r or f after the part number. You should check to make sure the f is in the front and r is in the rear. Also check to make sure the springs are all on there strut perch correctly.
    ASE Certified Master Automotive Tech
    2000 Galant ES = Daily Driver
    1996 Galant Turbo + 5 speed & lsd = fun ****SOLD****
    1992 Galant VR-4 #372/1000 Kensington Grey ***SOLD***