The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: SVR4 questions...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 48

SVR4 questions...

Hi! Been a long time since I posted here.

Anyway, the VR4 is already here in the PI, I only have to pay it in full and it's mine

I have a few questions re: the SVR4. I hope the 8g members here canb help me. I'm planning to make mine a close enough replica of a Silver SVR4.

Here are the questions:

- what is the official name of the color of the Silver Super VR4? I know that the Red is Mica palma Red..but nobody in the other boards that I'm frequesnting seems to know the official name of the Silver version.

- what is the official name of the RECARO seat type found on the SVR-4? Others are also stumped too. They only say RECARO seats...but what type or RECARO racing seats?

I'm targeting this look, this SVR4 inspired me to have my 8g transformed into one...I was quite devastated to find out only weeks earlier that the car was totaled in an accident years ago.

- Does, anybody know what the Silver color is on this epic SVR4?
    - What is the name of the RIMS on it? again, my co-members are stumped as to the make and type of the RIMS.

Btw, I'm going to update my thread...finally he's here after months of waiting

Jericho in Japan

Jericho here in the PI

Thanks guys in advance! I really need the info. Like my friends kept saying..."do it once, do it right!"

Ive never seen chrome VR4 headlights.

Quote Originally Posted by gian7675 View Post
    Hi! Been a long time since I posted here.

Anyway, the VR4 is already here in the PI, I only have to pay it in full and it's mine

I have a few questions re: the SVR4. I hope the 8g members here canb help me. I'm planning to make mine a close enough replica of a Silver SVR4.

Here are the questions:

- what is the official name of the color of the Silver Super VR4? I know that the Red is Mica palma Red..but nobody in the other boards that I'm frequesnting seems to know the official name of the Silver version.

- what is the official name of the RECARO seat type found on the SVR-4? Others are also stumped too. They only say RECARO seats...but what type or RECARO racing seats?
    Original Super VR4 colors are Palma Red <code:P85> and Hamilton Silver <code:A71>.
    And those Recaro seats are called "STYLE-JC"
    triggermauve from Japan

Quote Originally Posted by oakrdrs187 View Post
    those are actually silver. the SUPER VR4 had color matched headlights... silver or red:

that is correct..the supers only came in silver and red,the recaros are also found in some type-s Facelift VR4's 98+, as for the mags,well try a stilleto style maby.... but tbh E7 suits the best,heres my super replica im doing up atm.. it is a 1 of a kind MANUAL super replica WITH a sunroof wich super's only came auto without sunroofs on the galant

features
    manual
    E7 Wheels
    E7 Wing
    lowered on compressed springs
    Facelift Flares on rear
    Super Speedo(i converted it to a manual)
    welded up a mainly steel fmic kit(minimise rubber hoses)
    recaro Super Interior,carpet,seats,wheel,handbrake cover,speedo cluster
    super vr4 body kit
    Evo style bonnet
    Relocatd BOV VTA
    custom clock guage pod,pillar pod bla bla
    and soon USDM spec Taillights
    iv even replicated the super red style headlight inserts(piss easy to do)
    im colour coding the car refreshed in palma redP85
    at painters atm

Last edited by qcustoms; 07-12-2011 at 04:26 AM
    www.qcustoms.co.nz

www.qcustoms.co.nz

triggermauve2
    bless you bro! Muah! You're the only guy that came up with that sweet-sweet official RECARO SEAT CODE

reelax@
    Thanks also for the info re: the headlights being color coded.

qcustoms@
    nice project bro. i'll be following your SVR4 build.

Hmmm...where did you get the RECARO seats, carpet and the steering wheel?

I'm still lacking also a lot of things:

- SVR4 Body kit
    - RECARO SEATS
    - carpet
    - MOMO STEERING WHEEL with Airbag

For now i'll keep the INVECS II. I'll change it to Manual as the final piece of the project.

i specialize in parts for the Generation 8 legnum galants so i source them for people..
    but being complete super parts ie carpet,wheel,and 1 extra bit when making a super replica is the speedo,note its purple haze round the numbers compared to a standard 1
    www.qcustoms.co.nz

Quote Originally Posted by oakrdrs187 View Post
    The Aspire had what appears to be brushed chrome headlights, they look shinier than the silver SVR-4 ones:

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

Why does this tickle my fancy..

Quote Originally Posted by wetamup2k3g View Post
    The Aspire had what appears to be brushed chrome headlights, they look shinier than the silver SVR-4 ones:
    Exactly super VR4 headlight has different part number from Aspire's.
    triggermauve from Japan

qcustoms@
    I didn't know that Purple haze thingy. Thanks for the info. i thought I have to change mine in the future

Are there plenty more SVR4 seats out there? and the Momo Airbag steering wheel too?

wetamup2k3g2
    i like the shinnier chrome

oakrdrs1872
    it tickles your fancy because the SVR4's uber cool!

Question!

What's the difference between an 8g Galant, Aspire and Viento?

Quote Originally Posted by gian7675 View Post
    Question!

What's the difference between an 8g Galant, Aspire and Viento?
    There were two dealer channels in Japan, "Galant" and "CAR Plaza". Galant was sold "Galant" dealer and Aspire was sold "CAR Plaza" dealer. They are same car but have some differences, headlight color, tail light color, emblem color and more.

Then Viento was the VR4 look grade. Almost exterior parts are the same as VR4's but 1.8L(or 2.4L) I4 engine without turbo.
    triggermauve from Japan

the super dash has the purple haze and as you can see yuours does not have it,smal ltouches make the biggest differences ey
    www.qcustoms.co.nz

Quote Originally Posted by qcustoms View Post
    the super dash has the purple haze and as you can see yuours does not have it,smal ltouches make the biggest differences ey
    Yup, I can see that now...gosh...I didn't realize that I needed more SVR4 parts sigh!

I can now relate to my fellow 8g friends here in the PI as to how hard they're trying to look for parts to make their 8g PHDM Galant's into a VR4...at least mine is not that complicated...I have to find only parts...rare parts that is sigh!

triggermauve@
    Thnaks bro for the explanation!

judging by your fuel guage id say the sender unit is faulty for the light to be on with so much fuel stil lin it..
    www.qcustoms.co.nz

Quote Originally Posted by qcustoms View Post
    judging by your fuel guage id say the sender unit is faulty for the light to be on with so much fuel stil lin it..

oh? I didn't know that...it looked right for me. To me that's already in the danger zone

I'll check it again when I see my 8g this August. it's in the shop being converted from RHD to LHD. RHD vehicles are illegal here in the Philippines.

I wish I had the cash to import a real VR4. RHD isn't illegal in the US, just needs to meet the overdone safety regulations. As for emissions, (I know they don't meet it) nothing a tune can't fix. Oho...

But hey, I can dream...can't I?

-Chris-

2003 Mitsubishi Galant ES 2.4L SOHC: "Octavia"
    2005 Honda Accord EX-L Coupe 2.4L DOHC

Quote Originally Posted by XxGiRLaNT06xX View Post
    From the looks of the girl, her face isnt that great.. nothing a paper bag couldnt fix... amirite?

Quote Originally Posted by Skyforger View Post
    I wish I had the cash to import a real VR4. RHD isn't illegal in the US, just needs to meet the overdone safety regulations. As for emissions, (I know they don't meet it) nothing a tune can't fix. Oho...

But hey, I can dream...can't I?
    You can import the VR4's. It requires jumping through a lot of customs red tape, but it is possible. In fact what is commonly missed by many, mostly newer members (normal expectation) that a TGC member has imported one previously (Mante).

Skyforger@
    Don't worry bro, just keep on dreaming...one day it'll come true...look at me...took me 14 years of dreaming to finally have one...and it was a combination of luck, chance and good will for me to finally achieve this guy.

RedGalant2k1@
    So how's Mante's VR4 doing? Great i hope so.

I'm quite surprised that the VR4's never reached the US...it's the US for goodness sakes and no VR4's? I'm quite surprised by this info.

Too bad I have to convert mine into a LHD sigh! I wish there's a way to retain it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast