The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: SVR4 questions...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 48
    I wish I could ask Mitsubishi themselves why they kept the VR4 out of the states.

As for owning a VR4...my g/f and myself are gonna make due with slowly changing our little USDM Galant into something of a VR4, or something of the like. I've seen 2.4L models sold overseas with the VR4's looks.

And sticking with the rally look, it's a good excuse to not lower the car!

-Chris-

2003 Mitsubishi Galant ES 2.4L SOHC: "Octavia"
    2005 Honda Accord EX-L Coupe 2.4L DOHC

Quote Originally Posted by XxGiRLaNT06xX View Post
    From the looks of the girl, her face isnt that great.. nothing a paper bag couldnt fix... amirite?

Quote Originally Posted by RedGalant2k1 View Post
    You can import the VR4's. It requires jumping through a lot of customs red tape, but it is possible. In fact what is commonly missed by many, mostly newer members (normal expectation) that a TGC member has imported one previously (Mante).
    Hrmmm...a good friend of mine has imported cars from Japan before, but from what I remember, they have to be a certain age to legally be imported. He's previously brought over an R33 GT-S, and just recently got his yellow R32 Skyline GTS-T.

I'll chat with him and see what the average Galant VR4 is, maybe he can get me one in black, dark blue or that sharp looking dark purple color. :D

-Chris-

From the looks of the girl, her face isnt that great.. nothing a paper bag couldnt fix... amirite?

You are here entirely tooo much!! IVORY_G's Avatar
    From what Ive heard, you have to dissamble the car for the most part to where its not driveable. Which includes removing the suspension, engine, drivetrain, and wheels. Then ship those separately from the car to import into the US.
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

i can get you guys a basic vr4 legnum or galant tiptronic for as little as NZ$3k i dont mind stripping them down either to ship seperate lol
    www.qcustoms.co.nz

does that include shipping? lol

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant

and as for the jdm 2.4 viento GDI iv converter nearly 10 of the 4wd models into vr4's in my time so far and wil lprolly do more if people ask..
    www.qcustoms.co.nz

Can I just send you my 8G, and you do your magic to it?

-Chris-

itll take me a maximum of 2 days on my own and its done.. i have it narrowed down to 1 hour from start to have engine dropped out and takes me 20min to have it bacj up bolted in..

if you wanted a vr4 id ship the shell and al lthe bits over and then come over and assemble it aswell but youd pay my ticket etc lol...... but id love for you guys to ge tthem there aswell,youl llove them,trust me
    www.qcustoms.co.nz

Question!

- Would the RECARO SPORT - JC fit onto the VR4? Is this the driver's or passenger side? The ad says Driver's side...but i think it's the passenger side because of the seat belt lock placing.

However if this is indeed the Driver's side...

What would be an ample partner for the RECARO SPORT - JC on the passenger side?

There's this seller that's selling his original RECARO SPORT - JC cheap (well cheap for me LOL!) but the problem is that it's only for the driver side. He doesn't have the partner passenger side.

I keep imagining the interior of my car with the cool RECARO SPORT - JC on the driver's side and then when you'll look at the passenger seat...bleh! ordinary stock.

I was thinking of solving this by buying another RECARO seat that's similar to the Sport JC...the Style JC is not an option because nobody's selling it here.

Any suggestions for a possible mate?
    Last edited by gian7675; 07-21-2011 at 11:45 PM

Quote Originally Posted by gian7675 View Post
    Question!

- Would the RECARO SPORT - JC fit onto the VR4? Is this the driver's or passenger side? The ad says Driver's side...but i think it's the passenger side because of the seat belt lock placing.

However if this is indeed the Driver's side...

What would be an ample partner for the RECARO SPORT - JC on the passenger side?

There's this seller that's selling his original RECARO SPORT - JC cheap (well cheap for me LOL!) but the problem is that it's only for the driver side. He doesn't have the partner passenger side.

I keep imagining the interior of my car with the cool RECARO SPORT - JC on the driver's side and then when you'll look at the passenger seat...bleh! ordinary stock.

I was thinking of solving this by buying another RECARO seat that's similar to the Sport JC...the Style JC is not an option because nobody's selling it here.

Any suggestions for a possible mate?
    Usually recaro seat can be installed both driver side and passenger side. I think the seat came from Japan so the seller said driver side.
    triggermauve from Japan

Quote Originally Posted by triggermauve View Post
    Usually recaro seat can be installed both driver side and passenger side. I think the seat came from Japan so the seller said driver side.
    Okies thanks bro! That's what i thought too.

nyway any ideas on a possible Partner?

The sock passenger seat + RECARO SPORT - JC is quite a weird pair to be seen at front.

it WONT fit mate youl either need to spend bout $200 per Recaro Rail to suit 8G if stil available,theyr from a evo or lancer or something looking at the front hole facing down.. dont waste your time.. you either want a super or you dont,these are evo clas seats,not super,very different in style,comfort and so forth..

your car your call,but thats my 2c worth
    www.qcustoms.co.nz

i have entire super recaro interiors available as mentioned to you before,but funds are always the problem in life,we all need to win lotto sometime i think
    www.qcustoms.co.nz

Quote Originally Posted by qcustoms View Post
    i have entire super recaro interiors available as mentioned to you before,but funds are always the problem in life,we all need to win lotto sometime i think
    you're absolutely right re: the lotto thingy.

i wish you're my neighbor. i would have bought and carted your stuff within 1-3 months time sigh!

i can get you guys a basic vr4 legnum or galant tiptronic for as little as NZ$3k i dont mind stripping them down either to ship seperate lol
    lol u think a VR4 tiptronic will bolt on to the i4 2.0L 4g94?

Quote Originally Posted by zyro View Post
    lol u think a VR4 tiptronic will bolt on to the i4 2.0L 4g94?
    i think you mis undrstood,i mean i can buy you a vr4 complete legnum or galant for that price lol... you just pay shipping costs lol
    www.qcustoms.co.nz

i think you mis undrstood,i mean i can buy you a vr4 complete legnum or galant for that price lol... you just pay shipping costs lol
    oh, now i cant fit a whole car into my bumper shipment box aye. =(

You are shipping via courier? Please try to get it to me by this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyforger View Post
    Hrmmm...a good friend of mine has imported cars from Japan before, but from what I remember, they have to be a certain age to legally be imported. He's previously brought over an R33 GT-S, and just recently got his yellow R32 Skyline GTS-T.

I'll chat with him and see what the average Galant VR4 is, maybe he can get me one in black, dark blue or that sharp looking dark purple color. :D
    You mean...this one?

Weird...I don't see the video...how do you use the YOUTUBE tag?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kan2a...3CDC7&index=22
    Last edited by gian7675; 07-23-2011 at 10:39 AM

I was thinking either create a new thread or revive this old thread...the latter part won

Is the Third Brake light unique to the SVR4 Wing? Or can it be source from other Mitsubishi Cars?

I'm planning to have one customized (The wing) so it still looks like an SVR4 Wng but it's not.

Just wondering, can anybody please give me the dimensions of the SVR4 Wing?

- What is the length of Yellow A?

- What is the Overall width from tip to tip? Green B)

- What is the height of Red C?

- What is the height of Orange D?

- What is the height of Blue E? The middle support bar?

- What is the height of Purple F? The overall height of the wing from base to tip?

- What is the Length of the side of the fin? Top part.

- What is the length of the side of the fin? Middle part?

- What is the length of the side of the fin? Base part?

Anyway, if the quoted price for the custom is too expensive, i'll just buy a replica one from one of our members here

Buy a replica one. Geezus that measuring is asking alot.

If you still want to go the custom route, use something you know you can measure, the trunk bezel and extrapolate the rest.

If you post stupid and incorrect information, you will get red nuggets.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast