The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Brembo brake Squeal

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 22

Brembo brake Squeal

I just installed my brembo last Tuesday and I have crazy squeal problem on the front calipers. I think its called scream not squeal because they sounds exactly like this. LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUljLu3yQVk

I have Stoptech sloted rotors and Hawk HPS pads. To Those have brembo set up what did you guys do to get rid off the squeal and what do you have? I did used the anti squeal brake lube but still screaming "squealing" like crazy.

TURBO= in the making.......

Did you properly bed the pads? They are notorious for being squeaky. I would try a different set of pads or rebed the HPS.
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

I did but still have the squeal. That's what I was thinking to use different brake pads, I don't want to spend another couple hundred dollars for now so I will just try the autozone pads and see if still have that problem. thanks

You are here entirely tooo much!! 9G's Avatar
    yeah. i have 2 new sets of hps new with 2 new sets of rotors and still ends up with this horrible squeal. I now have some posiquiet pads temporarily which dont squeal at all but the initial bite is like having oems on.

Brembo are known to make the squeal. I have some squeal on the rears.

Triple Diamond Motors East Cost
    02 2.5L Fully Built Galant 5 speed
    SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

Are they sloted rotors make sure their in the right direction. I'm running oem pads on r1 drilled n slotted rotors no squeals what so ever!

^^^^ did we fix mine?

Triple Diamond Motors East Cost
    02 2.5L Fully Built Galant 5 speed
    SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

try brushing on some copper anti-sieze on the back of the pad, both sides of metal back plate and on the shorter sides of the pad. pretty much anywhere the pad with touch metal.

Just noticed in the as your car sits now thread, your rotors are on BACKWARDS!!! The air can't escape from the slots that's the problem.... Flip them around

yeah greddy said it hawks are known for their brembo scream
    04 GTS 9G

FoR Sale:
    2004-2006 Fog Lights $50
    shoot me a pm

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by deeznutz View Post
    Just noticed in the as your car sits now thread, your rotors are on BACKWARDS!!! The air can't escape from the slots that's the problem.... Flip them around
    Not necessarily... It all depends on the vaning of the rotors on the inside not the slots. With mine, my slots go in that directing because the cooling vanes inbetween the braking surfaces are designed to go in that direction.
    03 ES 5spd--Rota torque gloss black 17x8 et. 35--Hankook Ventus V12 evo 235/45/17--D2 coilovers--DC Sports STB--Intake--Brembo calipers--Powerslot Rotors--Stoptech Pads--SS brakes lines--35% tint--5k heads & 5k fogs--Alpine headunit--Kicker 400w amp--Alphasonix sub

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteGalant View Post
    Not necessarily... It all depends on the vaning of the rotors on the inside not the slots. With mine, my slots go in that directing because the cooling vanes inbetween the braking surfaces are designed to go in that direction.
    qft
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

Here's the installation direction for slotted rotors. that's why my rotors are installed like that.

I bought some anti brake squeal spray from pepboys. you don't have to take the brakes apart just spray it directly on your rotors, so far so good it still squeal but only once in a while and not as loud as the BMW on youtube I posted. lol.

Experienced TGC Member
    Be carefully with that spray. Don't want it to mess up the fresh paint.

EVO 4G
    03 ES 5spd--Rota torque gloss black 17x8 et. 35--Hankook Ventus V12 evo 235/45/17--D2 coilovers--DC Sports STB--Intake--Brembo calipers--Powerslot Rotors--Stoptech Pads--SS brakes lines--35% tint--5k heads & 5k fogs--Alpine headunit--Kicker 400w amp--Alphasonix sub

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    i say the pads are the contributor as they are known for noise and many other problems. uf it really persists maybe get a quieter pad
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    I had hawks and god the squeal was awful. I replaced all the shims, pins and used disc brake quiet on everything, nothing worked. I am now using the Project U B-force pads and im pretty happy with them. FWIW, I dont drive my car that much either : (
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

Its the hawks!!! Nothing else!
    2.4L - AWD - 5SPEED - PTE 6057 at __PSI w/Wavetrac LSD

I heard lots of people from evom complaining about the Hawk pads but some members love their Hwak pads, they said just give them few weeks then the squeal will go away. I will give it few weeks then if still squealing I will get some Project MU pads.

my hawks have never made any noise. try bending the middle retaining clip so it puts more tension on the slide pins that should fix the rest of your noise. i has to do that with the rear brembos and duralast gold pads. they were making the same exact sound you described. ive noticed that the hawk pads are not exactly the same size as the oem pads so maybe that slight difference cause the noise we hear.
    Brandon - 2001 Galant GST 5speed
    Wiseco // Eagle // PTE // Holset // Turbonetics // Supertech // Blox // Prosport // Vibrant // Innovate // OpenEcu // Mishimoto // Magnaflow // Walbro // XXR // Rotora // Brembo // Hawk // R1 Concepts // Dc Sports

Quote Originally Posted by underated View Post
    my hawks have never made any noise. try bending the middle retaining clip so it puts more tension on the slide pins that should fix the rest of your noise. i has to do that with the rear brembos and duralast gold pads. they were making the same exact sound you described. ive noticed that the hawk pads are not exactly the same size as the oem pads so maybe that slight difference cause the noise we hear.
    Thanks for the advice, I will try that. I just installed the rear and I have no problem with it just the front brembo are making noise.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast