The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 4g63t swap

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 72
    Dark Anghell

4g63t swap

Hey guys don't say go check out the archives on this one
    I know people have been asking if it's possible, or if it's hard. So far all I know is that yes it's possible, and it takes a weekend to do.
    >>If anyone who did the swap on a 94 galant that uses OBD 1 system, can you tell which plugs had to be rewired in the engine bay as well as the ones uder the dash. Also if you have any tips such as websites or personal experience, please share this as well.

<<My intention is to make this post into a tutorial. I know that these exist for 240SX with their sr20's and stuff bu t not for 4g63t.

Dark Anghell
    >>Another thing to consider is the intercooler. I have heard/sen people use Starion FMIC on their eclipses, and one on a 7th gen galant.
    Some people say it makes a huge difference, others say it's a pain in the ass to install and it doesn't add that much power.
    <<Also the brakes, people talked about it on this board, and if I remember correctly we can use 2nd gen Eclipse GST/GSX calipers (they are dual piston). Are they a direct bolt-on or require some modding to be done.
    >>Fuel pump...I know we can rewire ours and it will flow better. But is is the same as eclipse turbo fuel pump? Or would it make sense to go with 3000GT fuel pump?

IllestGalant
    the eclipse and 3000 gt pumps are different, as for the intercooler, my buddy is working on putting a household air conditioner in his trunk and
    running lines from the evaporator to under the hood, imagine 30 degree air charges of 20psi. damn

Dark Anghell
    I got some websites that sell JDM engines:
    http://www.venus-auto.com/inventory/mitsub...ishi/engine.htm
    http://www.flashoptions.com/product_list.a...=10&subcatID=34
    http://www.osakajdmmotors.com/other/4g63t/index.html

But i still have not located any wiring diagrams for the engine bay, etc.

Also anyone knoiws of websites that sell left hand drive clips of VR-4's or Eclipses?

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    another option for an intercooler is the supra stock smic. you can get em on eBay for like $130-150 and they flow a lotttt better than the 1g and 2g smics
    7g for life!

Dark Anghell
    I just found out that some galant VR-4 front clips will come with FMIC from the factory (and that sucker is big!), and a big 16g right away...good for about 250HP stock...turn up the boost and here you are 300+hp

HiperSilver
    yea, USDM gvr4 came wihta tiny front mount. its a little bit more effiecient than the sidemount mitsu made, and im also 90 percent positive it comes wiht a 14b turbo.

My bud has a GVR4 pushing 395 at the wheels, Lotta mods doen to get that...

Dark Anghell
    anyone knows where i can get a USDM front clip for GVR-4?

I've not touched a '94 yet...

but @ some point I do plan on puching one into my garage(read: under my pine-tree..with a Tarp)

the simplest thing for you to do, in ALL honesty, is just pull the engine wiring harness From a 92-3 talon/eclipse/laser.

those years Are The better since they have similar headlight setups, and are pre-CA/fed differences. (no emissions crap)

just pull your stock wiring harness out (maybe 3 hours, including pulling apart the Dashboard) and Re-lay The DSM harness in it's place. 3 hours?

use the Appropriate ECU, and have some Fun.

the motor-swap itself is simple-enough.
    using the 1g ECU/harness Allows for you to use *ANY* 1990-1999 4g63Turbo, or combination of 4g64/4g63

since all that the ECU Wants to See is the cam Angle Sensor, DIS, and injectors.

aside from that, you have your A/C, "Idle-bump" for the PS, headlights, horn, ABS sensors... blah blah blah

which mitsu is notorious for keeping same part #'s on like year/models

as far as an IC goes... you'd be VERY suprised how cheap a custom side-to side intercooler can be had for these days.
    Craig R.
    [email protected], Gclipse96 on AIM

1996Galant 14.0@103
    biggest b00bies EvAr

Dark Anghell
    I wonder if a FMIC kit for eclipse would work with galants. I'm sure piping may be a little different (shorter in some places, and longer in others), but the bens should be very similar I bet. My friend is starting his own place that carry only the name brand products (Blitz, HKS, Apexi, Greddy), so I bet i can get that through him pretty easily.

Plus this weeked something (sounded like tranny) began making noises when I would start moving, and when i came to almost a complete stop. So I got to think of something fast .

i have a 2g indy race intercooler w/piping on the way, i'll tell you how it fits when it gets here. here is the site: www.indyracecores.com

HiperSilver
    bah, fuck all those FMIC, IRC is a nice ass core, they sell some huge FMIC's too...id go with a Spearco Core, bar and plate are SOOO much better than Tube and Fin design like greddy. I wouldnt get a kit yo, id get the Spearco core( can be found on ebay for cheap), buy the endtanks and have custom made piping, it might be cheaper also..who knows.

Dark Anghell
    I haven't heard anything good or bad about spearco, all i know is that they are but ugly, and just for that reason I would never put it onto my car.

Now Blitz LM series looks very good, and it can be customised with different endtanks just like spearco, but the end result will be much better.

My friend is using spearco in his talon, and he doesn't like it that much.

Why would hate FMIC (front mount intercooler), it provides much better cooling due to larger size, lets people know that you dor something under the hood , and...I can't think of any other reasons right now. The only thing better than air to air FMIC is watercooled intercooler. Where you can put ise inside of it, and have your air cooled down to very low temperatures. But this system is only good for drag racing. Otherwise the water heats up and at the end it will keep the air warm. For street driving FMIC is the best, it's more expensive than the SMIC, but hey it's worth it.

redboy
    i have a quik question..........when u swap the turbo engine, what would u du about the fuel system???? can i work the pump mod or will i have to replace it with a GST or better???

if you wanna know more about spearco i/c's, go to dsmtalk.com and do a search, preferably search for indy race cores, they use spearco, and are considered atleast one of the best, if not the best.

Dark Anghell
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(redboy)</div><div class='quotemain'>i have a quik question..........when u swap the turbo engine, what would u du about the fuel system???? can i work the pump mod or will i have to replace it with a GST or better???</div>

From what I remember, we use the same fuel pump as the gst, accept their fuel pump gets more voltage, so if you re-wire the pump, you will be just fine. As for the fuel lines...they're good as well. If you start pushing more HP and more fuel, then you might want to upgrade the fuel lines, but that's a pain in the ass to do. My friend did it in his Supra, and it took him a couple of days to do.

HiperSilver
    how could this

be ugly.... :?:

how is blitz better....it is tube and fin design and i dont care what materials are used, everyone knows that a bar and plate design can cool the boosted air incredibly compared to the other...but i guess if u like looks and want to pay more for something that looks cool you can get a blitz...

as for a fuel pump...you want one for a gs-t not a gsx..different setup but it could still fit. Get yourself a walbro 255. You wont have to upgrade fuel lines at all..thats uncesary shit...i know peopel using stock fuel lines running 10's and 11's...

HiperSilver
    if u plan on putting a BLITZ fmic on a stock 4g63t motor swapped into a galant on low boost settings seeing as the tranny cant handle it, you will lose major performance, mad pressure drop..same with a spearco.

Dark Anghell
    It will depend on what type of core you go with. You can go thich or thin, so there are choices. As for the tranny, I don't see how the FMIC size can affect the life of the tranny. Maybe AT would get messed up, but if you think about it, they get messed up all the time even without turbo. If I did a 4G63 I would go with a 5sp and a better clutch, probably from ACT.

HiperSilver
    there are buncha different cores, thick or thin, but there is also bar and plate, tube and fin, and then apexi goofy ass ones...if u read any magazine, you can see what everyone is using...spearco, irc, unless u got a honda and like flashy shhit, youll get a greddy or something.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast