The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: where is fuel line under hood on 7G?

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8
    You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar

where is fuel line under hood on 7G?

i would use the search function, but it doesn't work for some reason :? does anyone happen to know exactly where the main fuel delivery line is under the hood on a 7G? i can't really find it anywhere. thanks
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

Experienced TGC Member
    I take it your not very good at following lines ey?

See the line that goes to the fuel rail on the throttle body side, follow it thats the fuel inlet. It runs from the rail on the TB side down to the top of the fuel filter. Under the fuel filter is a copper tube that runs under the length of the car back to the fuel pump.

This was kinda a silly question dude..you just had to look at the fuel rail and follow the tube!
    Rob
    --------------------------------------------
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JiP)</div><div class='quotemain'>

This was kinda a silly question dude..you just had to look at the fuel rail and follow the tube!</div>

STOP MAKING FUN OF ME.
    *ahem*
    i always would see it, but i wasn't sure, cause it's just a fucking line, how the hell do i know if it's really it. for all i know, mitsu could've made that the god damn cruise control cable, and when i cut into it, NO MORE CRUISE CONTROL. i'll start cutting shit tommorow, and it'll be YOUR house i'll be visiting with my shotgun if you're wrong.....um, peace

1994 Galant GS 5spd

Experienced TGC Member
    LOL you know its the fuel line um because ITS COMMING OFF THE FUEL RAIL!! Why would mitsu decide to connect a cruise control wire throuhg your fuel rail :laughing:

Watcha doin anyway?
    Rob
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JiP)</div><div class='quotemain'>LOL you know its the fuel line um because ITS COMMING OFF THE FUEL RAIL!! Â*Why would mitsu decide to connect a cruise control wire throuhg your fuel rail :laughing:

Watcha doin anyway?</div>

need to tap into fuel line to send a seperate line to the nitrous control module for fuel pressure monitoring.

1994 Galant GS 5spd

brandon
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>need to tap into fuel line to send a seperate line to the nitrous control module for fuel pressure monitoring.</div>

Scary. :? haha

instead of cutting into your fuel line (yikes) maybe you should consider it a good time to swap out the banjo bolt on top of the fuel filter, and go to an AN setup from there to your fuel rail, with ss braided fuel line. they make an adapter that fits the fuel rail input on the eclipses (should work for you) and there's a fitting that replaces the banjo bolt. while you're at it, you could even replace the fuel filter with an earl's or something. if you're interested and having a hard time finding the parts, let me know and i'll try to find out where i got them from(and sizes).

Experienced TGC Member
    Just turned a $5 job into a $100 job. I hate AN fittings just cause they are suposed to be cheap surpluse and because of stupid companies like russell they cost n arm n a leg.

I tapped my fuel rail for a 3/8" NPT fitting and cut the fuel line in half and used 3"8" double sided barb fitting to splice the line back from the fuel filter to a rubber hose going to the fuel rail. AN's look pretty but I can't personaly justify spending the cash when you can do just as good with NPT for 1/4th the price.
    Rob
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon