The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 4g63t swap

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Showing results 41 to 60 of 72
    Experienced TGC Member Blue Ice's Avatar
    <span style='color:blue'>Well i've been checking prices at this place
    http://www.urgpartsearch.com/link/searchre...uestTimeout=500
    They have ask for Galant 5 speeds either dohc or sohc. of course the dohc is higher, but what would be the difference between the two.
    I've heard that the Galant 5 speed tranny is heavy with long gears, and so is the T 2g 5 speed. But i wonder what the comparison is between it and the T 2g 5 speed, so far about $700 is what i see. Awe hell maybe i should just say F it and go with the T tranny from a 2g </span>

<span style='color:blue'>The also have 4g63t's
    http://www.urgpartsearch.com/link/searchre...uestTimeout=500
    Some tell me about the pricing on this, cause i'm wondering if they are high or kind of ball park. I'm also wondering what the difference is between a couple of these trannies and engines cause they'll be same model, but jump 5 hundred dollars?? For the engine search i put in 1991 eclipse, that should be the 6 bolt right? it added a couple of 1992, but i noticed it didn't jump to any 93's or later. so maybe those '92's were "pre june" ?
    </span>

A buddy of mine is having his 97 awd tranny rebuilt and he is getting the galant vr4 1st gear put in it cause it is higher. I believe you can go to 60 with it.

As far as looking for a 2g T tranny, you should check out these sites:
    www.dsmtuners.com
    www.dsmtrader.com
    www.msrecycling.com
    www.car-parts.com

Also, what ever town you live in prolly have a dsm club in it or close by. Check it for people selling their trannies.
    You can keep your looks, I'll keep my speed

TRE-spec 1st & 2nd gearset. 1st will go to 40mph @ 7500rpm! This is an excellent choice for those who autocross or rally. We offer this set with or without a double synchro 1st gear.

GVR-4 1st gearset. About 6mph taller than DSM and it has stronger teeth.

doesn't give it straight up, and i'm not shure what the stock dsm spec is, but i'm pretty shure that the gvr-4 1st gear does not hit 60... unless you can prove me otherwise.

You are right, the vr4 1st is good to about 45 and the 2g 1st is good for about 35-40. I was listening to my friend and not actually reading about it for myself. He is getting his tranny built by John Shepard and when he was telling me about it, I guess he was a little excited about it He is more into drag racing then autox.
    You can keep your looks, I'll keep my speed

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    but 6g vr4 trannies will not fit in galants!

so back to my question which would be better for the 4g63t swap, galant 5spd or 2g 5spd?

and will 1g 5spd pedals the same as galant pedals?

8)
    7g for life!

lutherwhistlebritches

4g63t swap

i am thinking about buying a galant vr-4 front clip with the 240 hp 4g63t and 5-speed, but i would like to know how difficult it will be. i am especially wanting to know about the tranny bc i would be doing a auto to 5-speed conversion. i thought the vr-4s were AWD so i need to know if anyone knows if it will work, thanks.

lutherwhistlebritches
    nevermind about the tranny thing, i didnt see the post right above mine

lutherwhistlebritches
    alright, lets see if i can finially get this right. i want to swap a 4g63 turbo into my galant and i also want to swap it to a 5-speed. i thought about a galant vr-4 front clip but i dont think that tranny will work. i also looked at the swap motor at www.flashoptions.com but that doesnt have all the parts i would need for the tranny swap. if anyone can give me any advice on what engine transmission combo would work best. thanks

HiperSilver
    dude seriously...why is everyone getting their nuts off for a galant vr4 motor and front clip..this is assuming your talking abotu the 6a12 or watever the hll it is , even the 4g63t.

Get yourself a motor, check DSM trader or so, get yourself and ecu, harness, and if u want a 5 speed trans. There should be some shops that can guide u in the direction.

Since the DSM scene is huge here in illinois, i got some guys helpin me out wit the motor, since im gettign it for cheap and swapping it in. Always helpful.

8ggalant
    thats juss cuz ull have everthing u need in a clip...as u said yer gettin help or a hook up but others may not have that luxury

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(HiperSilver)</div><div class='quotemain'>Since the DSM scene is huge here in illinois, i got some guys helpin me out wit the motor, since im gettign it for cheap and swapping it in. Always helpful.</div>

hmmm how much u getting the stuff for???
    uhhhh...... Whats a 9g???

HiperSilver
    motor- 600
    ecu/harness-200
    Other parts-300 or so. just to be more than realistic

Maybe cheaper but im giving the prices that would seem realistic...i mean all you gotta do is hang with the right crowd, get to know the 4g63t well, trust me, DSM boys have tons of parts just hanging around and if they dont they know someone that does...its all about knowledge, knowing what your buying.

locolito2000

OK so will this work

I've recently came into a 90 turbo laser that is front wheel drive and is a 5 spd. Will I be able to get the tranny to swap into my 98 g? Or am I going to have to do a galant or 2g tranny swap? I've read everything here and am still confused about this topic.

Locolito2000

98 Silver galant
    90 Turbo Laser

sethmo
    Heres the break down.

-6bolt motors = 3 engine mounts
    -Trannies on 6bolt engines = 1 tranny mount

-7bolt motors = 1 engine mount
    -Trannies on 7bolt engines = 3 tranny mounts

Now this is true for 95-99 7bolt motors/trannies, I am pretty sure that the 92-94 7bolts are setup like the 6bolt motors/trannies. Therefore you need a Galant or 2g turbo/spyder tranny. GL

So if i found a 91 4g63t with a manual tranny, the engine will fit, and i will have to replace the tranny... right?

Experienced TGC Member
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(sethmo)</div><div class='quotemain'>Heres the break down. Â*

Now this is true for 95-99 7bolt motors/trannies, I am pretty sure that the 92-94 7bolts are setup like the 6bolt motors/trannies. Â*Therefore you need a Galant or 2g turbo/spyder tranny. Â*GL</div>

Wait im confused. Isnt a 4g64 a 7bolt, 3 engine mounts 1 trany? Arent the 2gs 7bolt 3engine 1 tranny? Or am I missing something compeletely?
    Rob
    --------------------------------------------
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon

1gs have 3 engine mounts, and 1 trans mount.
    (i believe the 6g also has this setup, but i would like ken inn to confirm)

2gs, and our 7gs as well have 1 engine mount and 3 trans mounts.

sethmo
    Well on my car, I only have one mount connecting to the engine. the other 3 mounts bolt onto the transmission.

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(sethmo)</div><div class='quotemain'>Heres the break down. Â*

</div>

??? Why would there be more mounts for the tranny than on the motor itself? 94-98 Galant/95-99 Eclipse GS-T/Spyder/GSX have a mount on:
    -Upper Driver side on left strut apron next to the belts and Cam(s)
    -Front engine mount w/ weight balancer on the center member
    -Rear engine mount on the sub frame
    -Mount for the transmission

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast