The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 8" Factory Subwoofer

Showing results 1 to 15 of 15

8" Factory Subwoofer

on ebay what subwoofer do you think ishould go for?
    im looking for a 8" Sub to replace the factory subwoofer in wifes VR4 ,it goes i nthe side wall of the wagon and is not air tight,it doesnt need to be bass overdrive but fill in the sound really, it is open air space really so the sub would need to work in these conditions,and hopefully a matching amp too..

whats your recommendations?
    ~Q~
    www.qcustoms.co.nz

Something from mtx or jl audio if looking for free air sub.

But since you want to use an aftermarket amp to power it, I recommend a custom fiberglass enclosure to hold a nice solid ten, best sound without sacrificing space IMO

i designed a 12 inch box that sits inside the actual wall of the wagon to maximise room but i dont waht that in her wagon,i want factory look and a full sound,so you rckon jl is good for free air bass?
    www.qcustoms.co.nz

My friend who is big into stereos/subs hates JL and MTX

Quote Originally Posted by Blue8g View Post
    That friend should be thanking Mtx for their efforts to help create dB Drag Competitions. I agree with JL, though their best product isn't a speaker. The JL Cleansweep is a stellar audio integration and sound processor unit.

I love JL Woofers! They hit like no other.

Lancer/EvolutionX Rotor Glow Paint
    6g74 Forged Engine w/ hx40 turbo
    Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

u guys gotta remember he's not looking for a sub that hits hard, he wants something to fill the sound for his wife's car, to be honest, if ur running it off the factory amp, anything would be fine, just need something that would be within the wattage of the factory amp...JL and MTX both have great free air speakers that should fit the RMS of the factory amp...GL with ur search

Quote Originally Posted by qcustoms View Post
    i designed a 12 inch box that sits inside the actual wall of the wagon to maximise room but i dont waht that in her wagon,i want factory look and a full sound,so you rckon jl is good for free air bass?
    I don't rock JL, they are good subs but very costly.
    And a fiberglass box made custom to the dimensions of the car will keep a factory look and out of the way. Not to mention you will be able to go with a larger woofer for a "boomier and fuller sound".

Notice on this FireBird the enclosure is made to fit the small compartment to the left.

And on this car the box is just thrown in the trunk, clutter and taking up space.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue8g View Post
    It was a matter of free air sub, they each make one.
    You cant just stick any woofer in there and expect results.

IMO they are over priced.

My personal preference: Kicker.
    Last edited by oakrdrs187; 07-15-2011 at 12:24 PM

right guys i think your getting me wrong here..
    firstly theres no factory amp as JDM models rarely come with subs..
    itll be aftermarket..

secondly as far as sub boxes go,my brother is #3 in New Zealand for single 12" so when it comes to effective sound he is good enough for me BUT thats NOT what im wanting..
    as you can see i designed a SPACE SAVING Sub box that sits INSIDE the actual WALL of the car for people BUT im NOT wanting this
    iv even made fibreglass subboxes to sit inside the spare wheel in small vehicles and they puch HARD but again not after this

i cannot find a pic anywhere just yet re the factory sub il ltake some tomorrow and show you what it is and where it goes.
    so please BASS and BIG noise is not what i want here,My custom UTE is for that lol,, just want fill in.. currently lookking at the jbl gto804 atm looks promising too
    www.qcustoms.co.nz

Well if you post the picture of where you want it.

IMO the setup with the 2 12's is best. With just one to fill the sound.
    They look good.

wel las you can see this is where it goes and what it looks like

www.qcustoms.co.nz

Ok, well why not just build a small box anyway so it's not free air and make it all tuck in behind it and appear stock. You can get a shallow sub to go in there, you'll have a lot nicer sound.

I hear most audio guys get alumapro. I asked for bass that crisp responsive and reflective of the music and the guy said most the people that sale audio stuff like alumapro. but I have one of the last cones that's made out of aluminum i think they went poly now.

lol.. sorte after buying a gto 8" jbl it was too deep so i bought a pioneer 8" shallow mount and running off a new 300w rms amp and goes ok
    thanx tho
    www.qcustoms.co.nz