The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Check Engine Light Won't Go Away

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Check Engine Light Won't Go Away

so i had the check engine light on for a few things, i fixed em all and finally i came to the last problem, the idle control, i put a new throttle body and idle control valve in so that turned the light off, the car's idle is good now and nothing out of the ordinary, but the light is still there, i noticed though that when i disconnect the battery it turns off the first time i start the car, then the second time and after it turns on again, my obd ii says its the idle again, so im wondering if it actually is, does anyone have any ideas as to what it could be? i wanna get rid of he light, and i hate clearing it with the scanner because it just comes back on next time i turn the car on.

just because its idling well right now does not mean the ICV might be actin up. If that light keeps coming on and throwing codes....listen to it. Start there and go backwards from that point. So if it says the idle control is off...thats point 1. Fix that, if it still lights up and says the idle then you know there is a different malfunction

"Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!"

You will get a code if your idle is to high on P or N, Like above 1000 RPM. According to the stock rom with ecuflash it needs to be at 920 or a little lower at idle P or N on operating temp. On drive i needs to be on 720 or so.

Triple Diamond Motors East Cost
    02 2.5L Fully Built Galant 5 speed
    SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

Quote Originally Posted by Isaurio View Post
    You will get a code if your idle is to high on P or N, Like above 1000 RPM. According to the stock rom with ecuflash it needs to be at 920 or a little lower at idle P or N on operating temp. On drive i needs to be on 720 or so.
    if that's the case, i think my idle is too high, anyway to change that or would i need a new throttle body and idle control valve? because i heard some cars can reset or learn the rpm that it is supposed to be at