The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Splash shield for filter w/CAI...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 27 of 27
    Quote Originally Posted by 8thLS6 View Post
    They can be had for cheaper on ebay...look for the ones that are black in color by the seller. That's the color mine was. You just basically buy by the deminsions of your air filter, and the inlet diameter of your intake.
    you can buy most aftermarket cone air filters from most auto places

just my thinking, as for just a splash guard, provided there is no high water crossing, just protection from puddles, making one out of aluminum or painted steel sheet metal (all that is left is figuring out how to attach it to a coupler) is one option

also relating to ^, this same sort of considerations should be considered with lots of driving on grave

but, yeah, a two piece CAI with a bypass filter is one very good way to avoid the danger of hydrolocking

If anyone has short ram, you can make a splash guard out of sheet metal as said above. I did mine in less than an hours time. Three mounting holes are already there from the stock air box to secure the splash guard.

The actual heat shield/splash guard around the filter is just a generic ebay one for $10, which I had powdercoated metallic silver.

why would u need a splash guard w/ a short ram? a short ram puts the filter very high in the engine bay... it would take a gigantic puddle to reach that high (like a puddle that would flood the interior of the car)!

We get tons of rain here in Pennsylvania, and paired with crap roads that have 6" pot holes, and the fact that I live in the lowest part of the valley......I just like to be cautious. I get bored, and like making stuff too...lol. Probably don't need it 95% of the time, but it's there if I need it.

It looks nice man. Why not make a custom exhaust manifold cover than replace and powedercoat?

Now that I think about it, I guess I could huh. I may just try that man.

Matching it to your splash shield would look pretty sharp. You can even get away with a custom engraving on it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12