The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Bolt pattern question...

Showing results 1 to 16 of 16

Bolt pattern question...

Okay, Found a potential set of wheels. Brand new too...my question is, has anyone used 5x115 wheels on an 8G?

I know with the Grand Am crowd, 5x114.3 wheels do fit, just need hubcentric rings.

Wheels: http://www.grandamgt.com/forum/showt...14#post1160714

-Chris-

2003 Mitsubishi Galant ES 2.4L SOHC: "Octavia"
    2005 Honda Accord EX-L Coupe 2.4L DOHC

Quote Originally Posted by XxGiRLaNT06xX View Post
    From the looks of the girl, her face isnt that great.. nothing a paper bag couldnt fix... amirite?

America's/Discount Tire sells those wheels online for $73 each, and in the correct bolt pattern. The money you will spend on spacers to change the cars bolt pattern you may as well spend online going with a 17" or 18" set.

You don't really wanna mess with the bolt pattern unless it's really worth it.
    Last edited by oakrdrs187; 07-16-2011 at 08:59 PM

Quote Originally Posted by oakrdrs187 View Post
    America's/Discount Tire sells those wheels online for $73 each, and in the correct bolt pattern. The money you will spend on spacers to change the cars bolt pattern you may as well spend online going with a 17" or 18" set.

You don't really wanna mess with the bolt pattern unless it's really worth it.
    See, that's just the thing...

My Pontiac uses 5x115. My ROH Adrenalin's are 5x114.3, and fit just fine with hub rings.

I was wondering if it was the same reversed. (use of just hub rings.)

-Chris-

From the looks of the girl, her face isnt that great.. nothing a paper bag couldnt fix... amirite?

well try putting ur stock pontiac rims on teh G and see what happens

Experienced TGC Member
    YUCK! They are only 16x7!!! :(
    03 ES 5spd--Rota torque gloss black 17x8 et. 35--Hankook Ventus V12 evo 235/45/17--D2 coilovers--DC Sports STB--Intake--Brembo calipers--Powerslot Rotors--Stoptech Pads--SS brakes lines--35% tint--5k heads & 5k fogs--Alpine headunit--Kicker 400w amp--Alphasonix sub

Quote Originally Posted by QnzMostWanted View Post
    well try putting ur stock pontiac rims on teh G and see what happens
    Issue with that...my stock chrome 16"s are long gone. I have steelies for the winter, but they don't fit the same as alloys. :/

-Chris-

well i just read up on 5x115, if hubcentric rings help "fit" the rims on, then the reverse wont work....plus its easier to find 5x114.3 rims anyway

Damn. Good deal on those wheels too.

-Chris-

Quote Originally Posted by Blue8g View Post
    :/ ewwies
    Hey, they aren't that bad. Not everyone is a brand whore like you. LOL

-Chris-

Even if I weren't a brand whore, they aren't a good looking wheel and they're much too small for a G.

16"s are a bit small. Like I said, the price caught my attention. Figured I'd see if they'd work.

-Chris-

To be honest I don't really like those wheels specially they are not the right bolt pattern for our cars but if you like them and you think they will fit with some hubcentric its up to you that's your car and you money. I rather spend that money on some stock 3G wheels, they look better, quality, and they will fit with no problem. just my .02
    Last edited by zobgel; 07-17-2011 at 07:48 AM

TURBO= in the making.......

5x114.3 can be installed on 5x115 vehicles and vice versa. Just as 5x120 can be used on 5x120.75 vehicles and vice versa. It isn't recommended, but it is possible. You don't have to worry about hub centric rings to fit them to the car for any reason but the correcting the standard oversized hubbore on aftermarket wheels.

That said...I've seen hundreds of cars get either 5x115 wheels (on 5x114.3 cars) or vice versa over the years without any issues whatsoever.
    Last edited by RedGalant2k1; 07-17-2011 at 03:40 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Skyforger View Post
    16"s are a bit small. Like I said, the price caught my attention. Figured I'd see if they'd work.
    Trust me the Seven X in silver and in 17 would look a hell of alot better on the G.

Same Color, These are 16 though. And Tein Stech Drop

Quote Originally Posted by RedGalant2k1 View Post
    5x114.3 can be installed on 5x115 vehicles and vice versa. Just as 5x120 can be used on 5x120.75 vehicles and vice versa. It isn't recommended, but it is possible. You don't have to worry about hub centric rings to fit them to the car for any reason but the correcting the standard oversized hubbore on aftermarket wheels.

That said...I've seen hundreds of cars get either 5x115 wheels (on 5x114.3 cars) or vice versa over the years without any issues whatsoever.
    Thank you! This pretty much hit the nail on the head as far as what I was looking for. I have very thin hub rings on my Pontiac with the ROHs because I had a vibration at first, but after the hub rings, I've never had an issue since, and I've clocked over 50,000 miles on these wheels.

But I'm gonna pass on these wheels, find a better deal on some 17"s, preferably OEM ones. CL's starting to have some good deals lately.

-Chris-