The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Aftermarket Halo Projectors/Angel eyes

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Showing results 41 to 58 of 58
    TGC Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by OMEGA PHX View Post
    Just buy the morimoto ones from theretrofitsource.com http://www.theretrofitsource.com/pro...roducts_id=103
    they are $30/pair the include the inverters. I can't imagine the $10 ones including the inverters
    thanks gonna go redo mine now :D

2002 ES i4 SOHC Mitsubishi Galant

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialCannonBeam View Post
    Those three leds on the ends really take away from the halos
    I wouldnt even bother wiring them up.

Still looks good!
    I actually kinda like the 3 leds right now, they look good at night... but once i install the CCLF's im probably gonna get rid of the 3 leds on the sides.

Both sets of the 3 vertical LEDs on my headlights are all burned out already... I've looked back there once to try to take those bulbs out but I don't remember finding the same easy bulb-cable things to pull out. I'd like to do the CCFL rings soon... will probably just unwire the 3 LEDs.

Also, Bassing, when I put an HID kit in these it made a melt-mark on one of the headlamps. Also, both high beam lenses have came unglued and are just resting in the headlamps. Have any of those issues?

Quote Originally Posted by ngwylie View Post
    Also, Bassing, when I put an HID kit in these it made a melt-mark on one of the headlamps. Also, both high beam lenses have came unglued and are just resting in the headlamps. Have any of those issues?

Nope have not had those issues... only issue i have had is one side being dimmer than the other.. but i heard that is a common issue with galants.Its not because of the headlights. The voltage is weak on one side it seems but i dont really know.

Did you use H1 HID bulbs??? Thats what i used.

Yeah it's a raptor H1 55w HID kit.

Quote Originally Posted by BassinG View Post
    Nope have not had those issues... only issue i have had is one side being dimmer than the other.. but i heard that is a common issue with galants.Its not because of the headlights. The voltage is weak on one side it seems but i dont really know.

Did you use H1 HID bulbs??? Thats what i used.
    What happens is overtime the wiring gets frayed and corrosion builds up which causes bad or limited contacts to the bulb. Which is why any one with upgraded lighting whether it's halogen or HID should use a relay and heavy gauge wiring to prevent this from happening.

Here's my CCFL angel eyes from theretrofitsource.com

TURBO= in the making.......

Those look sweet =) Now do mine!

Quote Originally Posted by zobgel View Post
    Here's my CCFL angel eyes from theretrofitsource.com

What size are they????!!!

They look really nice!

Just wanted to confirm...is it true that these aftermarket projector headlights are fitted for USDM 8gs?

I think that I've read somewhere that these won't fit or have some fitting issues if used on 8g's here our side of the world JDM, PHDM...our headlights I think are in 2 pieces...the USDM headlights aftermarket ones are one piece.

Anybody here has experience on fitment issues?

Quote Originally Posted by BassinG View Post
    What size are they????!!!

They look really nice!
    They are 80mm so around 3"

=gian7675]Just wanted to confirm...is it true that these aftermarket projector headlights are fitted for USDM 8gs?

I think that I've read somewhere that these won't fit or have some fitting issues if used on 8g's here our side of the world JDM, PHDM...our headlights I think are in 2 pieces...the USDM headlights aftermarket ones are one piece.
    Yes, the aftermarket projector headlight are USDM fitment. It will fit on your JDM, PHDM galant but I think you will have a gap between the front grill and the headlights. I have JDM headlights with retorfit projectors.

I have JDM headlights with retorfit projectors.
    Best way to go IMO.

Yes, the aftermarket projector headlight are USDM fitment. It will fit on your JDM, PHDM galant but I think you will have a gap between the front grill and the headlights. I have JDM headlights with retorfit projectors.
    Just wondering, why would there be a gap? Are these aftermarket projectors smaller in length thus the gap?

or are the USDM grills bigger?

Nice headlights and workmanship....I wish i can copy yours

80mm for both the low and hi beam?

I heard the hi beams are a little bigger..90mm???

Quote Originally Posted by gian7675 View Post
    Just wondering, why would there be a gap? Are these aftermarket projectors smaller in length thus the gap?

or are the USDM grills bigger?

Nice headlights and workmanship....I wish i can copy yours
    Grill and headlights are not mounted properly yet when I took that pic, It's a test fit. =]
    thanks!
    Here's new pic. Grill and headlights installed.

Quote Originally Posted by BassinG
    80mm for both the low and hi beam?

I heard the hi beams are a little bigger..90mm???
    I used 80mm projectors on both Hi and low beams.
    Last edited by zobgel; 08-18-2011 at 03:45 AM

Looks good! I was thinking of retrofitting some projectors in my heads. Just gotta get another pair to.work on.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

I am now redoing my halos. I have blue halos ;)

Will post a pic in a sec.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123