The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Aftermarket Halo Projectors/Angel eyes

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 58

Aftermarket Halo Projectors/Angel eyes

I bought halo projects awhile ago and have been unhappy with the brightness of the angel eyes (unfortunately they were from ebay). I posted about this awhile ago and was recommended to some new cheap LED bulbs to put into the angel eyes. The bulbs ended up making the angel eyes look even dimmer, and the lights didn't even "connect" with eachother (there were small spaces in between each of the 4 sections of the angel eyes). Is there any other way I can make these look brighter/way better? I don't want to have to buy angel eye strips and put my headlights in the oven and all that mumbo jumbo.

Thanks
    Nick

Experienced TGC Member OMEGA PHX's Avatar

I don't own the lights, but I would suggest better leds, with a wider light angle, remember leds are really focused if yours have a narrow angle then there will uneven areas. Also maybe the rings that cover the bulbs aren't doing their job on diffusing the light. If I were you I would try to open them and install ccfl rings but you don't want to open them so, its all about the width of the beam and diffusing it efficiently, try some leds with more chips that fit, measure your spacing and the select the led that fits: http://autolumination.com/194.htm

I though about telling you to sand the clear cover on them if your leds have it cause that would diffused the light but that could make them even dimmer if your leds aren't that bright.

Thats all I can think of hope you can get them the way you want.
    Last edited by OMEGA PHX; 07-20-2011 at 11:26 PM

4g64T 5spd

Ahh that's what I need. These LEDs were so cheap they didn't have chips... they were like 50 cents each.

I've had experience with these cheapo eBay projectors...your best bet IS the crack them open, and replace them with better halos.

Me personally, halos look ricey as hell on anything but a BMW. Take advantage of having projectors and run some 6000K HIDs, and you'll forget all about the lame halos.

-Chris-

2003 Mitsubishi Galant ES 2.4L SOHC: "Octavia"
    2005 Honda Accord EX-L Coupe 2.4L DOHC

Quote Originally Posted by XxGiRLaNT06xX View Post
    From the looks of the girl, her face isnt that great.. nothing a paper bag couldnt fix... amirite?

I have 6000k HIDs lol you can see them in my sig

Too bad I can't even afford these bulbs... at 9$ a piece and I need 16 of them. 144$ without shipping or tax

Cameras can be deceptive.

Like I said, forget the halos. Unless you're using them as legit DRL's, it's lame.

Function > Form

-Chris-

From the looks of the girl, her face isnt that great.. nothing a paper bag couldnt fix... amirite?

Those ones you linked are extremely expensive. I think something like these would make them brighter
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/10pcs...Q5fAccessories

These are the bulbs I have in there right now which are obviously crap
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/10x-B...Q5fAccessories

And the angel eyes are wired to an individual switch. I can turn them on and off whenever I want

I wouldn't use eBay for LEDs...

http://www.oznium.com/

I've ordered plenty of LED bulbs from this company, a bit expensive, but great quality. BRIGHT bulbs.

-Chris-

Quote Originally Posted by ngwylie View Post
    Those ones you linked are extremely expensive. I think something like these would make them brighter
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/10pcs...Q5fAccessories

These are the bulbs I have in there right now which are obviously crap
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/10x-B...Q5fAccessories
    Yeah lol that site is expensive but probably better quality than ebay, My license plate bulb and my dome lights are ebay leds, they aren't that bad I've had them for several months and still going strong, so get some ebay ones if you want, if you want many chips you will need to get the measurement since the length of the bulb sometimes increases with the quantity of chips

4g64T 5spd

if you want to replace the halos with something better, I actually use CCFL rings. They work great.
    De que estamos hablando?

I think I will try and purchase those LED's I linked. There are a ton with actual chips that are much cheaper than that other website... can get 20 real LEDs with 4 chips for 16$ rather than $144 lol.

Quote Originally Posted by ngwylie View Post
    I think I will try and purchase those LED's I linked. There are a ton with actual chips that are much cheaper than that other website... can get 20 real LEDs with 4 chips for 16$ rather than $144 lol.
    Try them, they don't make you happy then ccfl halos is the only way to have them really bright.

4g64T 5spd

Yeah. I just haven't had much experience with working on cars and I don't really want to have to bake my headlights and all that... I guess I'll have to if these don't work. But, my question is, if I get the ccfl rings, would I just glue them over the built-in angel eyes?

cold cathodes ftw

1996 galant s
    finishing up my 2.4L DOHC, 10.5:1, precision sc60, meth injected MONSTER.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2-Bul...37250902823639

go with the leds i posted, i have a set of reds in my cluster and they bleed threw the plastic also i have the white face gauges el lights, im still un happy with the effect cuz my speedo and tach needles are not as bright as i want them to, looks like ill be doing a needle led set up here this weekend, ill post a pic of it later if u like

The CCFL will replace your current halos, you need to order them the correct size. You can forget about the LED's; this are mine:

and this is only the halos, they are really bright. I think Omega PHX saw them in plain sunlight, ask him if he notice them.
    De que estamos hablando?

^^ Why didn't you flip the low beam halo like the high beam, makes it look more like original BMW.

Dang... those look really nice. I'm just not big on working on cars or anything related to cars. I'd have to pay someone to do them for me =(. Also another issue with the halo projectors I bought, BOTH high beam lenses came unglued and are just dangling there in the housing. I never use high beams and didn't even buy a high beam HID kit but I was very unhappy with it... it was also way past the stupidass 30 day warranty so I couldn't even return to the stupid company eBay. I probably should get that fixed too because it shows small gaps at the high beam area since they are no longer glued on. These lights were from racinghouse so... don't buy from those bastards.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast