The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Aftermarket Halo Projectors/Angel eyes

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 58
    You should go ahead and buy the aftermarket halos you want, and patiently install them yourself and glue everything real nice. Trust me the key word in this post is 'patiently' This past year I opened up a few headlights myself and it's not that bad. I did a projector retro on a Prelude at my buddies shop with out having any prior experience and it turned out awesome. Did take me 8hrs though, Fear not my brother for we are here to help.

Yeah... I need to stop being lazy and just try it. Maybe I will when I have some extra time.
    To open up the housing, what temperature does the oven have to be, and how long do the lights go in? And when you buy the rings are there any instructions that come with them?
    Gah I feel like such a dummy. I would have to wire them also to the switch in my dash also, right? Or could I use the wire I already have connected to the switch in my dash? (It's a stand alone switch I had installed when I bought the lights).

I think there is a tutorial on how to "bake" them open, I use 200, for 2 1/2 minutes, aprox., use gloves, and dont let unatended; measure the size of your halos, inside dimmension, so you can order the correct ones. inside and outside are typicaly different diameter. you can connect them to your parking light wiring, I use them as daylight driving lights. If you go with CCFL, they come ready to replace your helos. They even come in color, if you want to go that route.
    De que estamos hablando?

I used ccfls off of Theretrofitsource talk to matt he'll hook it up , I actually blew one by not resiliconing the housing so I ended up buying 90mm for the low beam and 80mm for the high beam a lil trimming to get the 90mm to fit but you can see a difference at night and it looks sweet it looks more angry/aggressive

Lil picture hanging wire fine drill bit , oven 250 degrees make sure it's preheated then put it in 7 minutes ....set oven timer . Pull it out and make sure u have a couple different siZes flat head screwdrivers ready. Pry it apart and Try not Yo get the stringy black silicone on anything thats gonna be hard to get it off of.

Worry about the wiring later just run the wires out of the headlight before you seal it. All the headlights i opened I used a heat gun.

I see some CCFL rings as cheap as 10$ for 90mm and some as expensive as 100$+. What's the difference?
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2-Car...Q5fAccessories

^^ Quality, durability, Brightness. Always remember 'You get what you pay for.'

Plus, the first link doesn't mention the inverter, unless by "connector," that's what they meant.

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

Well thank you for all the info and inspiration. I really appreciate it. I'm not going to get the cheap ones because this will be a project I will only want to do once lol. I'll have to wait until I have enough funds to pay for some better ones... probably will spend around 60 for them

^^^Actually between the $8 ones and $10 ones I don't think there is much difference, I'm saying the differences I mentioned were between say the $10 ones and the $90 dollar ones. To be honest the $8 ones look nice.

Experienced TGC Member OMEGA PHX's Avatar

Just buy the morimoto ones from theretrofitsource.com http://www.theretrofitsource.com/pro...roducts_id=103
    they are $30/pair the include the inverters. I can't imagine the $10 ones including the inverters

4g64T 5spd

(my 1st post lol) I have the same projector headlight from ebay. Kinda regret buying them. They are way over priced for the quality of the headlights. I had to replace all the bulbs in the halos like you are doing. Actually thinking about getting the CCFL's, just need to figure out what size i need (if anyone knows please let me know).I bought a bunch of leds for my halos and have a bunch of them left over if you want them. PM me and we can talk about a price. They are pretty bright at night... cant really see them during the day... I will try and post pics a little later...

Theretrofitsource $30 a pair w/inverter as long your gentle with them when putting them in ccfls are definately the way to go ...lasts long...bright enough to see during the day and real sick at night. And I don't think anyone else has tried this but me but...if your crafty enough and you own a dremel, offset them 90 mm in the low beams and 80 mm in the high beam the offset looks like a new Beamer front end very aggressive . Besides I did all 80mm on my other 8g and all circles same size just looks too much like the eBay usdm projectors , uniqueness is where it's at...

Damn you cleazy that was my plan for some JDM's when I get 'em lol I wasn't gonna say anything because i didn't think it had been done yet. Oh well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk fam!

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

Lol my bad kid looks mean Oo oO scroll up I think I posted a pic of it awhile ago on this thread

Here are my halos

Those three leds on the ends really take away from the halos
    I wouldnt even bother wiring them up.

Still looks good!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast