The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Guzm4n's 8G Build

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011
Showing results 201 to 207 of 207
    You will definitely want to get it re-tuned. Increased compression ratio and increased intake duration will be different enough to re-tune. At the very least, monitor knock for a while to make sure the old tune is safe for the MIVEC motor.
    '99 5-Speed GTZ: Forged 3.6L 6G74T 6764 E85
    2017: 552whp/562wtq SBE on 19psi
    '02 Eclipse GT: 6G72 M/T-swapped Daily Driver
    '10 Endeavor: 6G75 AWD Family-mobile

That was a quick rebound lol, best of luck with everything

Went to the machine shop to check up on the 74 lower intake manifold and it wasn't even touched after being there for 3 weeks so I took it back. I was originally going to run the 74 lower intake manifold with the 75 non MIVEC upper intake manifold but after everything was bolted up and plugged in there was a big vacuum leak at the rear of the 75 manifold due to the EGR passage hitting the rear valve cover and causing the rear of the manifold to lift up a bit. Pulled off everything and ended up using both MIVEC 75 lower and upper intake manifolds after modifying the mounting tabs on the 3kgt rails and also doing some work on the MIVEC upper intake manifold in order to fit with the 3kgt rails. So now here it is finally running and with an OEM JDM bumper no more fiberglass for me!

awesome Jesse! car is coming along! I knew she wasnt gone. It would be like me getting rid of BabyG.
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

Sittin mean, I like that grille

Experienced TGC Member
    Glad to see you got everything squared away with the intake setup! Motor looks good sitting in there, winter project would be finding another upper intake manifold to modify for a larger TB ;)

3G Eclipse Performance & Development - Denver, Colorado
    www.blackheartmotors.net

I can't wait to see the car around campus again! Looking great!
    2002 Mitsubishi Galant ES (SCRAPPED)
    1991 Jeep Comanche (SOLD)
    2002 Honda Accord EX (DAILY)
    1998 Eclipse GST (PROJECT)

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011