The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Guzm4n's 8G Build

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Showing results 81 to 100 of 207
    Quote Originally Posted by Guzm4n View Post
    Might be something I'll do in the future, but the next thing I'm going to do is drop it. I drive the Galant to school everyday and there's some big potholes here in Iowa. I want something that will make the front gap lower or make it even with the back and I don't want to be scraping my bumper every time I enter the driveway. Any suggestions?
    You will do just fine with either Tein S-techs or Eibach Prokit

Yesterday I was going to go pick up my cousin because his crx broke down. When I got to the first stop sign my car turned off, does anyone know why it did this? It doesn't turn off if I put it in neutral and rev the engine, I have to step on the gas to keep it from turning off.

Yesterday I was going to go pick up my cousin because his crx broke down. When I got to the first stop sign my car turned off, does anyone know why it did this? It doesn't turn off if I put it in neutral and rev the engine, I have to step on the gas to keep it from turning off.
    check battery (could be going bad). clean throttle body.

Quote Originally Posted by Reelax View Post
    check battery (could be going bad). clean throttle body.
    How can check if the battery is going bad? My dad said I don't need a new one because it still turns, but idk if that's true. Okay now I'm going to sound like a noob, where is the iac so I can take it off and do I just spray carb cleaner into the tb or how would I clean it?

take the intake piping off at the tb and spray some cleaner on a rag and wipe the inside clean.

i had to use a hanger to reach all the way in.

Quote Originally Posted by badmitsu View Post
    take the intake piping off at the tb and spray some cleaner on a rag and wipe the inside clean.

i had to use a hanger to reach all the way in.
    So I don't have to take off the iac?

wut exactly u talkin about iac? now i sound like a noob!

Quote Originally Posted by badmitsu View Post
    wut exactly u talkin about iac? now i sound like a noob!
    Haha, I was searching around how to clean the tb but I couldn't find anything, and I remember somebody saying on a thread that you should remove the iac before cleaning it or you could damage it the iac. I think it stands for idle air control.

that could be, ive done it two or three times and ive never had any problems.

Okay, so after cleaning my tb I drove around my neighborhood and decided to drive to my cousin's house since he lives near by. When I got on his driveway it turned off. After helping him with his car we decided to take the galant around the block. It didn't turn off and when we got back it almost did, but then it started to idle normal. We left it turned on for awhile and it seemed normal again.

Did you disconnect your battery recently? If so everything reset it self and it should start idling normal again after like 100mi, mine did the same when I installed a new battery. Also check your battery with a digital multi meter if u have one or know how to use it, if not just take it so autozone and get it checked and ask for a print out of the battery specs they came out with, because some of the people will say you need a new battery when you really don't yet.

You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    if you're just going to be wiping down the surfaces in the TB, I wouldn't worry about removing the IAC. Just try not to let debris/gunk fall into all the holes in the TB. If you're going to be actually spraying something into it, I would remove it.

Quote Originally Posted by beam514 View Post
    if you're just going to be wiping down the surfaces in the TB, I wouldn't worry about removing the IAC. Just try not to let debris/gunk fall into all the holes in the TB. If you're going to be actually spraying something into it, I would remove it.
    I just wiped mine down from side to side and pull back out thinking that would be safer, and less chances of anything falling downward in the manifold. Also inspected to see if i see any loose debris sitting past the butterfly that could later get sucked in. Never had any issues with CEL or anything

How long would my stock struts and shocks last if I get some s techs made for the v6 eclipse?

i got a job at Dent Eliminators. lol so me after training
    2000 G-lant ES

Quote Originally Posted by galant108 View Post
    i got a job at Dent Eliminators. lol so me after training
    Cool, thinking about removing my dents when I get out of high school.

Cool, thinking about removing my dents when I get out of high school.
    right on. i'm going detail my own car sometime and see if i can get my fenders n bumper sprayed cheap here. want to get a oem style CF hood sometime down the road... way down lol a detail job there can be as cheap as $50 and go up to $200 only if we have to a bunch of shit tho lol
    2000 G-lant ES

Quote Originally Posted by galant108 View Post
    right on. i'm going detail my own car sometime and see if i can get my fenders n bumper sprayed cheap here. want to get a oem style CF hood sometime down the road... way down lol a detail job there can be as cheap as $50 and go up to $200 only if we have to a bunch of shit tho lol
    Yesterday my mom didn't let me drive my car cause the snow, so she was going to take my sister to school in my car, and my dad's snow plow truck was parked really close to my car. When she backed up the snow plow made a dent and peeled some paint off my car. But they said when summer comes they are going to get all the dents on the car removed and get it repainted.

Just payed attention to my headlights and I don't think I installed them right though here's a pic:

I'm sorry if the picture is blurry I uploaded with tapatalk, was I suppose to cut under where the headlight sits?

So I picked up a 5 speed transmission:

Is there suppose to be two or four studs?

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast